Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pac 4 point docking system installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Jamo11
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Tour Pac 4 point docking system installed

I installed a four point docking system and quick release Tour Pac mount on 2013 Road Glide Ultra over the weekend. The product was made by Wisdomcycles and is sold on eBay. It works very well.

The Harley system is over $500. This one is less than $150. It does not include an antenna relocation or turn signal relocator, which was fine by me.

I don't like the radio on Road Glide. I use ear plugs and if I wanted to listen it wouldn't be to the radio. I'd put wax ear plugs over ear buds. But that's another conversation. I want to take out the head unit any way.

But the product works very well. My '13 RGUltra does not have turn signals mounted to the Tour Pac. THey're mounted to the fender. So that wasn't an issue.

Mine also has only one hole in the chrome strut cover, instead of three. So the strut cover either has to be modified or eliminated. After attempting a modification on the one, I gave up and just eliminated them. No loss. Mostly, you don't see them any way because they're covered up by the bags.

Bike takes a pillion backrest now and is a bit less heavy. I still want to take out the head unit and put in a lightweight battery. They Tour Pac goes on easily on demand.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:20 PM
fenwick
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

any pictures?

Old 12-04-2017, 07:44 PM
Rafkin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Following, I'd be interested in seeing pics as well

Old 12-04-2017, 08:18 PM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

How about a link to where you got it, please?

Old 12-05-2017, 01:09 AM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
How about a link to where you got it, please?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Wisdomcycles

The following 2 users liked this post by White Ice:
Jamo11 (12-05-2017), Rafkin (12-07-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Jamo11
Tourer

Originally Posted by fenwick
any pictures?

I'll take photos and put them up. I didn't know if anyone would be interested. I should have taken video and put it up on YouTube because the whole process taught me a bit about the set-up that you wouldn't know going in.

The link is www.wisdomcyclesusa.com.

Last edited by Jamo11; 12-05-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:45 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 796 Likes on 623 Posts

How about the Ebay link?

Old 12-05-2017, 12:34 PM
Jamo11
Tourer

Originally Posted by hbsoldier3
How about the Ebay link?
I don't have it.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:24 PM
gipper
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 71 Posts

Jamo: What's the "lightweight battery" that you want to put in place of the head unit? I'm with you....not only do I not use my radio, ever, I won't use it in the future either. It's useless FOR ME.

Shoot.....you have my brain engaged on this. I wouldn't even mind taking my head unit out and putting a lidded glove box in its place. Have NO idea if something like that is being produced with after market guys, but I could actually use a little more storage. Seems like there's never enough of that.

Interested in your lightweight battery idea though. Expound on that if you would.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:31 PM
Jamo11
Tourer

Originally Posted by gipper
Jamo: What's the "lightweight battery" that you want to put in place of the head unit? I'm with you....not only do I not use my radio, ever, I won't use it in the future either. It's useless FOR ME.

Shoot.....you have my brain engaged on this. I wouldn't even mind taking my head unit out and putting a lidded glove box in its place. Have NO idea if something like that is being produced with after market guys, but I could actually use a little more storage. Seems like there's never enough of that.

Interested in your lightweight battery idea though. Expound on that if you would.
Shorai makes a lithium battery that weighs as much as a hot dog. It's about $175. You need the 36 amp or whatever for a Harley. It's a separate project than the head unit. It replaces the regular battery and saves that weight, almost 10 lbs. You can definitely feel it. They work great. I have several on other motorcycles.

I wanted to remove the radio head unit also because that's high-up weight and affects handling and steering.
The radio does nothing that a cell phone and ear buds or a helmet bluetooth can't do better That radio and all the antennae is useless to me. A CB Antenna? Please. Just extra weight. (Truth be told, I don't care so much for the new Road Glides because they seem to focus more on the television screen than on motorcycling).

You can replace it with a temporary glove box that they use at Harley. That plugs up the hole. I wanted to replace it with a compass and analogue clock mounted on a plastic face. Harley used to make a compass for that dash and they're still on eBay, but they're obsolete. They don't make a analogue clock that I've been able to find. I don't know how to customize a faceplate except I gin something up.

Last edited by Jamo11; 12-05-2017 at 02:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Tour Pac 4 point docking system installed