Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuelpak rich

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 07:35 PM
rrcap2001
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuelpak rich

so. my 2011 flhx, pro pipe, arlen ness high flow, and throttlepak was running rich. i was able to smell it and i kept getting a pop when i let off the throttle. occasionally when i would up shift. i checked v&h website to see if there were updates with the fuelpak and values 45, 46, and 47 changed. i emailed v&h about my issue and to ask them what the changes were. they told me that the changes to these values would greatly improve the way my bike runs. if i continue to run rich to change values
Mode 1 : 5
Mode 8 : 21
Mode 15 : 0
Mode 16 : 4
Mode 20 : 11
Mode 25 : 7
Mode 26 : 4
Mode 27 : 4
when i asked what these values meant they responded: The values represent a percentage of time the injectors stay on when the fuel enters the cylinder. The higher the number means the injector stays on longer which translates to more fuel. Those changes lean out the mixture.
so, i guess my question is. did anybody else have this problem? does anybody know what these values mean? some of the numbers were actually lower than the original map. i'm concerned that if i go with this revised map my bike will run lean!! i was thinking of getting the power vision and if i can't get this worked out this might just give me the push to get it.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:32 PM
rrcap2001
Cruiser

nobody?

Old 07-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Tom Hudson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

V&H don't want you to know that stuff & I really don't care to know it either - When I installed mine, I called them up for the settings - everything was fine except the MPG went to hell - I called them up again - They gave me some new settings & I have been good to go ever since - now getting 46MPG - no popping - I just got back from a 1,600 mile run & the bike runs perfect - if your having issues - call them up - tom

Old 07-23-2012, 09:33 PM
rrcap2001
Cruiser

i was out on the bike today and it was the worst yet. idling like crap, have to hammer the throttle, lots of heat from the engine i never felt before. yet another email sent to them.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:41 PM
WireDawg77
Cruiser

Friends don't let friends use FuelPak. Dump that piece of crap and go with a PC or TTS and a good tune.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Tom Hudson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rrcap2001
i was out on the bike today and it was the worst yet. idling like crap, have to hammer the throttle, lots of heat from the engine i never felt before. yet another email sent to them.
why the hell e-mail them? - they have tec's just for the fuel pac's - there not a piece of crap - they have sold a ton of them - just call them ask for a Fuel Pac tech - you can get an answer to your problem right then - If you don't call it's your own fault - don't cry about your problem fix it!

Or

go ahead & spend some money on another system and have it tuned on a dino - only cost you about a grand total -

Phone call - couple of bucks - maybe a 800 # for free!

Old 07-24-2012, 10:12 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

The limitations of the Fuel pak are no one but V & H knows what the modes relate to , the Fuel pak only adds or removes fuel .

You cant get a good tune just adding or removing fuel, there are timing adjustments, differences between front and rear cyl etc.

The Fuel Pak works well for many but always leaving a little performance behind, if your going to try to work with the Fuel Pak call V & H directly and ask for Derek Hewit in Fuel pak teh he was a lot of help to me and some of my frield a couple years ago when we were messing with Fuel Paks , before we all changed

Look into a good flash tuner TTS, Power Vision, SESPT etc or a PCV if you want to get more out of the tune. Customer support from Fue Moto on the Power Vision or PC is great

Last edited by XARAN; 07-24-2012 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:27 AM
TUCCI
Extreme HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 167 Posts

No bashing but I prefer to know as much about what a table # is doing to my bike. I actually considered the product but I needed to get into the timing to fix my problem so I went with a product that allowed that and I could afford. Learn all you can about your tuner and if you reach a point it no longer fits your needs then you and only you will decide where you go from there. I would call their tech line and get on a first name basis with them, ask for a programing manual its your right. Look at the internet, if there is one you can prob get it......good luck.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:03 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by TUCCI
No bashing but I prefer to know as much about what a table # is doing to my bike. I actually considered the product but I needed to get into the timing to fix my problem so I went with a product that allowed that and I could afford. Learn all you can about your tuner and if you reach a point it no longer fits your needs then you and only you will decide where you go from there. I would call their tech line and get on a first name basis with them, ask for a programing manual its your right. Look at the internet, if there is one you can prob get it......good luck.
Thats one of the downsides to the Fuel Pack there is no information released about what the modes relate to or change. V & H will tell you they add or remove fuel but no idea in what range, on acceleration or deceleration, WOT, ect.

I like to make use of the technology that is on my bike and the ability to run open loop and closed loop making use of the ECM and the sensors makes sense to me, to optimize the performance , ride-ability, mileage etc which is another reason that I dont like using "piggy back" devices that require the O2 Sensors to be bypassed.

Flash in a good MAP and let the ECM do its job the way its designed, dot just throw some extra fuel at the problem.

The Fuel Pack wouls better than nothing for most riders but it is very limited and for about the same $ you can get a more advanced tuner

Old 07-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom Hudson
why the hell e-mail them? - they have tec's just for the fuel pac's - there not a piece of crap - they have sold a ton of them - just call them ask for a Fuel Pac tech - you can get an answer to your problem right then - If you don't call it's your own fault - don't cry about your problem fix it!

Or

go ahead & spend some money on another system and have it tuned on a dino - only cost you about a grand total -

Phone call - couple of bucks - maybe a 800 # for free!
Dude. The fuel pak is an utter pos. Just because they sell lots of them doesn't mean they are worth a crap.
Try a real tuner. V&H makes a nice set of pipes. They should have stuck with what they did well.
I had one. I couldn't remove it fast enough. Total garbage.

Quick Reply: fuelpak rich