Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 Electra Glide Classic primary leak.

Old 07-26-2012, 12:25 PM
foxman
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Electra Glide Classic primary leak.

I had my inner primary bearing replaced at an indy, and now I have a primary leak that is coming from the back side. Is this something that commonly happens after an inner primary bearing change out?

When I showed the leak to the indy he stated that there's no way this should happen since he used all brand new seals everywhere.

He is tearing it apart again, but I feel that this was mistake on his part , but have never done a change on my own, so have no idea what could have gone wrong..

Old 07-26-2012, 01:58 PM
RoadGlidinFreak
Cruiser

No, it shouldn't leak....... that being said.... it doesn't necessarily mean he did something wrong.... could have been a weak seal..they are MASS produced so sometimes a not so perfect one slips through .. I've replaced seals on things before and have them leak. Or yeah, he might have not had it lubed enough or not had it perfectly lined up and tore a small spot on the lip when he put it together or had it slightly cocked and wore it funny.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:58 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by foxman
I had my inner primary bearing replaced at an indy, and now I have a primary leak that is coming from the back side. Is this something that commonly happens after an inner primary bearing change out?

When I showed the leak to the indy he stated that there's no way this should happen since he used all brand new seals everywhere.

He is tearing it apart again, but I feel that this was mistake on his part , but have never done a change on my own, so have no idea what could have gone wrong..
It's not common after a change of seals but it is a common place for a seal to go bad.

Old 07-26-2012, 03:37 PM
foxman
Intermediate

well fortunately, he says he figured out what it was and was replacing all the seals again with no charge to me. Didn't exactly explain what he found, but glad they are taking care of it!!

Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM
eazyduzzit
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I had some work done, which included changing oil in the primary. It started leaking afterwards and i took the little round cover off to find he had pinched the o-ring when he put it on, causing the leak. You probably had something similar happen.