Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ward's Parts Werks

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 08:13 AM
rberni
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 103 Likes on 70 Posts

I was impressed as well, got stuck near Richmond VA in 105 degree heat for several hours on the interstate and had no issues. Last year same thing happened and I had to pull the bike over to cool down.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:21 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
I received mine 2 weeks ago, but I'm unable to use it on either of my bikes. It won't mount on my 2012 SG because of the Procharger and on my 2010 SG I have a Mini Beast Air Horn.
The Procharger obstructin may be insurmountable, but don't give up just yet on the horn obstruction. Which MB horn do you have? MY own brother won't give up his MB2 horn to mount my fans. I have a brand new MB2 that he bought me, sitting in a box on the shelf in my garage. After this weekend I should be able to dedicate some time to mounting solutions for other than OEM horns. A couple guys figgured out how to mount the trumpet air horns in conjunction. If there's a will, there's a way. I've personally been waiting patiently for the Stebel Compact Truck horn, but been getting the same "should have it in stock next month" answer from them for like 5 months. I finally broke down and got the new WOLO Bad Max, I think its basically the same horn as the Compact Truck, except its available and a slightly different advertised frequency. Anyway, I'm looking to do the compressorectomy and mount it behind the OEM cover, when I get time of course.

I'm glad everyone is happy with the FCS. It started as a custom cooling project for my own bike, I didn't set out to build something to sell, I set out to build a solid performing system for my own bike. I'm real happy with the overall results and I'm even happier to be able to provide a no BS high quality, functional product to the riding community, at a very fair price. Not going to get too involved in this thread, I'll leave it to the users, but thank you all, fellow members and customers really made this happen, so, nice work team!

Old 08-02-2012, 10:36 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
The Procharger obstructin may be insurmountable, but don't give up just yet on the horn obstruction. Which MB horn do you have? MY own brother won't give up his MB2 horn to mount my fans. I have a brand new MB2 that he bought me, sitting in a box on the shelf in my garage. After this weekend I should be able to dedicate some time to mounting solutions for other than OEM horns. A couple guys figgured out how to mount the trumpet air horns in conjunction. If there's a will, there's a way. I've personally been waiting patiently for the Stebel Compact Truck horn, but been getting the same "should have it in stock next month" answer from them for like 5 months. I finally broke down and got the new WOLO Bad Max, I think its basically the same horn as the Compact Truck, except its available and a slightly different advertised frequency. Anyway, I'm looking to do the compressorectomy and mount it behind the OEM cover, when I get time of course.

I'm glad everyone is happy with the FCS. It started as a custom cooling project for my own bike, I didn't set out to build something to sell, I set out to build a solid performing system for my own bike. I'm real happy with the overall results and I'm even happier to be able to provide a no BS high quality, functional product to the riding community, at a very fair price. Not going to get too involved in this thread, I'll leave it to the users, but thank you all, fellow members and customers really made this happen, so, nice work team!
Here's the Mini Beast Horn I am running on my 2010 SG:
http://www.thepropad.com/MiniBeast-5-Prodlist.html

Old 08-02-2012, 11:39 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Here's the Mini Beast Horn I am running on my 2010 SG:
http://www.thepropad.com/MiniBeast-5-Prodlist.html
Really only three choices for minor position adjustment of the horn; down, up, or outboard. Can it just be flipped upside down to raise it? Or an extension bracketto lower it? Outboard my introduce interrferece by hitting your leg, and of course all possibilites will have an asthetics impact. I love George Carlin's quip, "you can't have everything, where would you put it all". Sometime multiple accessories just aren't compatible, but I think this one is "correctable". If you can send me some more detailed photos "as mounted" showing the side and back, it would be helpful. Ultimately I will need my hands on the specic horn to make sure I get it right, I don't want to buy a new one but I may have to, to develop mounting "solutions".

Old 08-02-2012, 11:50 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Really only three choices for minor position adjustment of the horn; down, up, or outboard. Can it just be flipped upside down to raise it? Or an extension bracketto lower it? Outboard my introduce interrferece by hitting your leg, and of course all possibilites will have an asthetics impact. I love George Carlin's quip, "you can't have everything, where would you put it all". Sometime multiple accessories just aren't compatible, but I think this one is "correctable". If you can send me some more detailed photos "as mounted" showing the side and back, it would be helpful. Ultimately I will need my hands on the specic horn to make sure I get it right, I don't want to buy a new one but I may have to, to develop mounting "solutions".
I'll try to post some pics tonight.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:10 PM
HD Jim
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It won't mount due to the width of the Mini Beast is wider than the length of the arms that hold the fans.
Is mounting the mini beast on your down tubes a option?

Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

I have a MB2 on my heritage. If you make one to fit yours let me know.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:34 PM
Ramnm08
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am patiently waiting for the arrival of my FCS. It is hotter than 4 hells in Jax FL.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:40 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I received mine 2 weeks ago, but I'm unable to use it on either of my bikes. It won't mount on my 2012 SG because of the Procharger and on my 2010 SG I have a Mini Beast Air Horn.
I have Rivco air horns which are even more of a problem because of their size. I remounted them behind the right saddlebag and rerouted the hose, then reinstalled the stock horn which works in tandem. I haven't done any tests to compare DB levels with the air horns alone in the original location vs. now together with the stock horn, but I don't think there is a loudness loss. I got the idea from Kuryakyn, as they have air horns called Hidden Horns that are mounted in this location (see bottom photo). Their bracket system is more elaborate and elegant than mine, but mine works and you can't see back there without removing the saddlebag anyway.

Here's a shot of the air horns in their new location (top photo), which was not a difficult jury rig at all, as there are several threaded holes on the vertical bracket to mount them. The cheap metal bracket (with holes) is in place to keep the horns from turning on the single mounting bolt. I'm not ecstatic about the way I have my hose positioned with two tees and will rethink this eventually.

Another guy simply extended his air horns enough to clear the FCS by using a longer bolt and spacing the horns with multiple nuts. If you'll check the FCS thread and go back about a month or two ago someone posted a description and maybe a photo of this solution. The stock horn mounting bolt does not just pull out and it takes some doing to replace it with a longer one, so I'm sticking with my method for now. So far so good after a month. It's a little weird using the horns together since the stock horn sounds off instantly with the air horns taking a fraction of a second to build up pressure before they will sound. I didn't notice this with the air horns alone but do now with the two wired together. BTW the FCS looks fine (IMO) alone and without a horn in the center, so you don't need to reinstall the stock horn.

Last edited by iclick; 08-02-2012 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:57 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll try to post some pics tonight.
I just got mine in, found it on ebay cheap, will work on a mount solution soon as I can, Wow, this thing is heavy, and I'm not talkin like far out hippie heavy, it weighs a lot.

Attached Thumbnails Ward's Parts Werks-100_1487.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ward's Parts Werks