Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ward's Parts Werks

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Vee-Rod
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jason for a great product...install went smooth with the Ness horn cover...

Attached Thumbnails Ward's Parts Werks-017.jpg  
Old 08-15-2012, 10:47 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Little less clearance but it does have clearance, and could be tweaked a little to gain if necessary. The rear is visually shrouded but airflow is not blocked, should perform fine.

So is this your stock fan or a modified fan for the MB2. I'm interested!

Old 08-15-2012, 10:52 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
So is this your stock fan or a modified fan for the MB2. I'm interested!
That is the one and only model of fan system I produce in its original form, unmodified.

Old 08-15-2012, 01:31 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
That is the one and only model of fan system I produce in its original form, unmodified.
OK, I'm a little confused because it looked like you were working on a bracket for the MB2.

Here's your previous post:
" I'm seeing at leat 1/8" right now, just gotta come up with a custom fastner solution, or alternate isolator, if the OEM isolater stud was longer it would be a non-issue. Looks like the combo will push the horn outboard about 5/8", the thickness of the fan mount, probably not noticeable in operation. What ever I come up with will work with the MB2 also, I pulled it off the shelf and mocked it up too. I just need more time."

Last edited by golfblues; 08-15-2012 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:40 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
OK, I'm a little confused because it looked like you were working on a bracket for the MB2.

Here's your previous post:
" I'm seeing at leat 1/8" right now, just gotta come up with a custom fastner solution, or alternate isolator, if the OEM isolater stud was longer it would be a non-issue. Looks like the combo will push the horn outboard about 5/8", the thickness of the fan mount, probably not noticeable in operation. What ever I come up with will work with the MB2 also, I pulled it off the shelf and mocked it up too. I just need more time."
No, I'm not working on a "bracket" for the MB series horns. I'm working on a "mounting solution". The bench pics I posted are simply the MB horn mounted on top of the FCS housing, bolted together to demostrate the clearance between the two components, as opposed to mounting the FCS on top of the OEM horn bracket for a standard installation. The only real challenge is the OEM rubber isolator stud is too short, if it was about 3/4" longer you could just put the FCS on the rubbermount, then the MB horn on top of it and the nut on top to hold it all together. I still don't have it resolved, but I will, and it wont require any bracketry, just some alternative fastening hardware. Will post when I get it, but won't be in the next few days.
Jason

Old 08-15-2012, 03:16 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

No, I'm not working on a "bracket" for the MB series horns. I'm working on a "mounting solution". The bench pics I posted are simply the MB horn mounted on top of the FCS housing, bolted together to demostrate the clearance between the two components, as opposed to mounting the FCS on top of the OEM horn bracket for a standard installation. The only real challenge is the OEM rubber isolator stud is too short, if it was about 3/4" longer you could just put the FCS on the rubbermount, then the MB horn on top of it and the nut on top to hold it all together. I still don't have it resolved, but I will, and it wont require any bracketry, just some alternative fastening hardware. Will post when I get it, but won't be in the next few days.
Jason

OK, understood. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:29 AM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,260 Likes on 929 Posts

I'm working on a "mounting solution". I still don't have it resolved, but I will, and it wont require any bracketry, just some alternative fastening hardware. Will post when I get it, but won't be in the next few days.
Jason
So its been almost a year - was this issue ever resolved?
If so, how?

thanks!

T.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:57 PM
zim1251
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love the fans. They look great and run even better. Great design and function. My friends are jealous and are saving to buy them.