Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ward's Parts Werks

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 03:51 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
I just got mine in, found it on ebay cheap, will work on a mount solution soon as I can, Wow, this thing is heavy, and I'm not talkin like far out hippie heavy, it weighs a lot.
Cool...let me know what you come up with. Also, you'll love the horn; its loud!

Old 08-06-2012, 04:09 PM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aviscomi
I just got it to mock up a mounting soultion for folks wanting to run the FCS. I actually just got my WOLO Bad Max last week and started messing with it the other day, seperated the compressor and it looks like it will mount fine behind the OEM horn cover, probably mount the compressor up in the fairing. Anyway, I'll get after it soon as I can.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:48 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned

Originally Posted by aviscomi
It won't be long, you can see there is clearance between the FCS and the MB5 horn housing, they will "move" together on the rubber isolator, so as long as they have any clearance they should not contact one another, I'm seeing at leat 1/8" right now, just gotta come up with a custom fastner solution, or alternate isolator, if the OEM isolater stud was longer it would be a non-issue. Looks like the combo will push the horn outboard about 5/8", the thickness of the fan mount, probably not noticeable in operation. What ever I come up with will work with the MB2 also, I pulled it off the shelf and mocked it up too. I just need more time.

Attached Thumbnails Ward's Parts Werks-100_1491.jpg   Ward's Parts Werks-100_1492.jpg  
Old 08-07-2012, 08:09 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm very interested in this thread, I'm thinking about getting a mini beast also, kind of wondering will one of the new XR series fit since they are a little smaller.

Last edited by dbell66253; 08-07-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member
Received 424 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by WARDSPARTSWERKS
It won't be long, you can see there is clearance between the FCS and the MB5 horn housing, they will "move" together on the rubber isolator, so as long as they have any clearance they should not contact one another, I'm seeing at leat 1/8" right now, just gotta come up with a custom fastner solution, or alternate isolator, if the OEM isolater stud was longer it would be a non-issue. Looks like the combo will push the horn outboard about 5/8", the thickness of the fan mount, probably not noticeable in operation. What ever I come up with will work with the MB2 also, I pulled it off the shelf and mocked it up too. I just need more time.
Thanks Jason

Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Jason, any pics of how it would look with the MB2? The tail on the 2 may look a little funky with the right fan.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:48 AM
WARDSPARTSWERKS
Banned

Originally Posted by dbell66253
I'm very interested in this thread, I'm thinking about getting a mini beast also, kind of wondering will one of the new XR series fit since they are a little smaller.
The XR looks like it will mount with the same solution as well, but the fans might just be completely, visually unshrouded, a good thing. I'm trying to find a M/F isolator to replace the OEM double male stud type, I think that will be the easiest solution for the end user with no hacking, drilling, tapping, and the likes.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

I'm on the fence,I have the MB "football" horn and I think that would be a real mounting problem!

Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by luisan
I'm on the fence,I have the MB "football" horn and I think that would be a real mounting problem!
If it has a basically flat back, like the others, it should work the same.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:46 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
Jason, any pics of how it would look with the MB2? The tail on the 2 may look a little funky with the right fan.
Little less clearance but it does have clearance, and could be tweaked a little to gain if necessary. The rear is visually shrouded but airflow is not blocked, should perform fine.

Attached Thumbnails Ward's Parts Werks-100_1499.jpg   Ward's Parts Werks-100_1500.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ward's Parts Werks