Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heated Grips

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 PM
rwt
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Heated Grips

How many of you have heated grips on your bikes? Also, how do you like them? I've been thinking about upgrades and even though it's plenty warm outside right now, I know winter is coming. Since I ride year around, I'm thinking that I might like to add some heated grips to my bike before the cold weather makes me wish I had done so. I've never ridden a bike with heated grips, so I have no idea if they're worth the money or not. Thanks.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:16 PM
ppilotmike
Road Captain
Received 106 Likes on 57 Posts

they add at least 2 months to my riding season. This is my second bike with them and I will never be with out them. Heck I even used them the other morning when it was little cool, all I need was a setting of 1 for about 10 min to be comfy.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:29 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I had them on my 2010 RK but wasn't too impressed with the HD ones at the time. When I bought my 2012 RG I ordered the new HD Slipstream grips. They are 100 times better than the ones on the RK. I use them anytime the weather is a bit on the cool side, helps to keep the arthritis in check.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Dew Me
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I decided to go with Gerbings heated gloves instead.
1st, you can still get any grip you want instead of being limited to what is offered in headed grips.
2nd, Heated gloves heat BOTH sides of your hand
3rd, heated grips break. Never heard of Gerbings breaking, but they have a lifetime warranty just in case.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:37 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,462 Likes on 1,591 Posts

This is definitely an enticement for me to order a new Limited.
On my current bike, I use three different weight of gloves, plus I have an electric pair, and I use "wind deflectors) on my grips.

Last edited by 2AMGuy; 07-31-2012 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

LOVE my heated grips. I can wear a much thinner glove with them during the winter. I ride all year.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:42 PM
OH Bob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated Grips

Originally Posted by rwt
How many of you have heated grips on your bikes? Also, how do you like them? I've been thinking about upgrades and even though it's plenty warm outside right now, I know winter is coming. Since I ride year around, I'm thinking that I might like to add some heated grips to my bike before the cold weather makes me wish I had done so. I've never ridden a bike with heated grips, so I have no idea if they're worth the money or not. Thanks.
I've got them on my Beemer (factory option) and really like them. Great in the cooler climes of the fall, not to mention cool or rainy days in the summer. I wouldn't want to go touring without them, because of WX variables.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:53 PM
omaho5
Road Master

If you are going to ride in cooler months, you will love 'em.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:03 PM
jahays32
Tourer

I had mine installed for 4 years and they still work. They are worth the $200.00 I spent. They were kind of a pain in the a$$ to install. I think the dealer wanted around $300.00 to install them. I also know they would have taken a shortcut on installing them. In other words they would not have pulled the tank and fuse panel and wired them per HD instructions.

They do not beat heated gloves. But they are wireless. The new ones say they get 20 degrees hotter than the older ones.

I also have heated pants liner and jacket liner and socks. I would suggest for cold riding you put these on your list of upgrades first.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:22 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts

Heated grips are well worth the cost IMO. I use mine quite often, other than now in the middle of the summer. 70 degrees and raining is cold, even a 65 degrees and dry sometimes it's nice to have your hands warm.

Quick Reply: Heated Grips