Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike was stolen out of my garage!

Old 08-06-2012, 02:56 PM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry Bike was stolen out of my garage!

Saturday night my bike was stolen from my garage (along with thousands of dollars of other stuff).

My bike was locked and in the air on my J&S jack along the back wall of my garage. My car was backed in essentially only leaving about a foot of space between the rear bumper and my bike. My wife's car was outside.

Those f@(kers used a slim jim to open my wife's car and used her garage door opener to open the garage. They proceeded to take my bike off the jack and rolled it to my neighbors house where its darker. This way they could work in the shadows.

The worst part; they did all this while I was home!!! We just got back from vacation that day. We were both exhausted so we fell asleep to the thunderstorms. I think my exhaustion and heavy rain made it possible for them to steal my stuff undetected.

I'll tell you this; there would have been some holes in those fu(kers had I caught them. If there is one thing I hate is thieves.

Words can't begin to describe how livid I am. Riding season is done for me and now the waiting period and arguing with the insurance begins. Hopefully, given the circumstance they'll be agreeable. It's not like the bike was unlocked in a dark alley. Once that's done, I need to find another bike and start the modification process all over again. So much energy, money and time wasted.

It's my opinion this was definitely planned and thought out. There was surely some recon done before they came. If it wasn't then, it would have been next week, next month or next year. They had their sights on my bike but why I'm not sure. Things will be very different around here when I get my new scoot.

Old 08-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Where do you live? Just curious. And that sucks. Nothing worse.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:04 PM
z06elmo
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

that sucks and sorry to hear. I just installed a security system in my home with sensors on my garage door(s). I won't go too far into my security system for obvious reasons. But I suggest you consider something similar...

Someone obviously knew what you had and ways into your home...

I'm hoping this would be covered under your home owners insurance and/or bike insurance.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:06 PM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah the bike is covered by the bike policy but all the contents in the bags of the bike and the other stuff they took is covered under my home.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:07 PM
Xcrossbow
Stellar HDF Member
Received 266 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by Toe Knee
Where do you live? Just curious. And that sucks. Nothing worse.
X2. Did you have the bike on vacation with you? If not and they had been planning this wonder why they wait for you to get home?

Old 08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 163 Likes on 112 Posts
Default It Sucks But -

I know that it sucks - but - it's only a bike. You were home at the time. Things could have gotten A LOT worse! Along with pissed, I would consider myself lucky. I see stuff in the news every day that just amazes me. It's a tuff world out there and it isn't getting any easier!

Old 08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
springer 03
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bike thieves are like horse thieves of old. They should be hung.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:11 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

..man..everyone's NIGHTMARE!..sorry to hear this...as I read your posy though, it seems that they would have had to back your car out of the way to get the bike moved...is this correct?..you said you backed your car up to the bike about a foot away...how did they get it out?...info will help the rest of us to avoid the same fate...hope you get a nice new bike for your troubles..

Old 08-06-2012, 03:15 PM
Rickr01
Club Member
Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts

Man, I'm so very sorry to hear this! I absolutely hate thieves....To me there is no greater scum on this earth than a thief, wife beater or a child molester.....I categorize all 3 in the same group...SCUMBAGS of the Earth...

Maybe they will find the bike? Good luck and again, I'm very sorry that happened to you.

Old 08-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Lo 1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by springer 03
Bike thieves are like horse thieves of old. They should be hung.
I'll bring the rope! Save the taxpayers some money.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bike was stolen out of my garage!