Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Glass's fog up during rain

Old 08-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Clean
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glass's fog up during rain

I'm curious what anti-fog works the best for glass's, goggles when it rains. I ride year round and always get caught in the rain out here in Charleston, SC. Anyway, the stuff I use seems to be good for one day, and if I dont happen to prp my stuff prior to rain I'm screwed. Anway, what do you use and how effective is it?

Old 08-09-2012, 08:07 AM
rottnutz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've used some stuff called, "Cat Crap" for my snow goggles that works pretty good. But to tell the truth, most anti-fog product work only to an extent before you can't see very well. I have some safety glasses that vent the heat from around the eyes very well and reduce the fogging effect. That and a 3/4 helmet with a shield.

Good luck.

Old 08-09-2012, 09:10 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I've tried many brands over the years and none of them seem to work after the first ride with it. They all need a fresh application every ride. I ride in a flip-up helmet these days, the better helmets having an integral anti-mist coating on the visor. Even then it is essential to keep the visor clean before each ride in rain.

The reason we get fogging is a build up of dirt on the surface. That can be a combination of sweat and dust from around us, putting the helmet on and so on. Nothing we can do to avoid that, except to live in a vacuum! Not much riding to be had in there.....

Old 08-09-2012, 09:45 AM
Clean
Cruiser

Thanks for the response's.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I've never found any of those 'anti-fog' products to be effective at anything but relieving my wallet of cash. Think of them as the deer whistles of the foggy lens world. Back in my snowmobile and skiing days the only effective lens was a double lens - still works to this day.
They're not too flattering but you can find over the glasses goggles with double lenses at dirt bike and snowmobile shops. They're ugly but they work better than anything else out there.

Old 08-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Oldman47
Advanced

Go ask about anti-fog stuff in a diving shop. Divers have had this issue forever in their diving masks and have good solutions for it.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:23 PM
davidsdad
Road Warrior

Use some of your own "spit. " spit on the inside of your glasses and rub around then wipe dry.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:57 PM
iglideUC
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Rain-x works for me.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Expat1
Road Master
Location: Annemasse (border of Geneva-Switzerland) facing Mt-Blanc.
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I've tried many brands over the years and none of them seem to work after the first ride with it. They all need a fresh application every ride. I ride in a flip-up helmet these days, the better helmets having an integral anti-mist coating on the visor. Even then it is essential to keep the visor clean before each ride in rain.

The reason we get fogging is a build up of dirt on the surface. That can be a combination of sweat and dust from around us, putting the helmet on and so on. Nothing we can do to avoid that, except to live in a vacuum! Not much riding to be had in there.....
Under pouring rain I prefer well ventilated eye impact protection, the rest makes no difference after a few minutes. I sometimes rode using my left hand to protect my eyes and survived well

Old 08-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by rottnutz
I've used some stuff called, "Cat Crap" for my snow goggles that works pretty good.

Good luck.
Thanks for the tip. I knew if I searched long enough the ole ladies damn tom cat would have some use. So which ones work the best, the soft ones on top or the hard ones down on the bottom of the litter box?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Glass's fog up during rain