Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom audio in a new street glide! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:52 PM
DeeGzNuTz
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom audio in a new street glide! Help!

Currently setup is the boom audio amp with the front fairing and lower fairing speakers with the bagger speakers as well. Installed is the non ultra overlay harness with the expansion kit. The front speakers have power and audio plays. The lower fairing speakers do not seem to be getting any power. The bagger speakers have power but no audio plays. The radio has not been flashed so I wasnt sure if it was a fader problem. The only thing that hasnt been done is wire splicing due to not knowing if the amp 23 pin harness is in fact what im splicing into. Any help would be greatly appreciated and any additional info I can provide for you just ask.

Thanks!

Old 08-15-2012, 01:23 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know for sure, but it does sound like you need the flash, I believe that is one of the things it does. It gives you the ability to fade to the rear channels.

Old 08-15-2012, 07:22 AM
DeeGzNuTz
Stage III

I wasnt sure of that because I was able to get the rears to play by themselves but when hooked up with the front they dont. My biggst concern though is why do the lower fairing speakers not work at all when they are a simple plug n play into the expansion kit?

Old 08-15-2012, 10:40 AM
DeeGzNuTz
Stage III

I was able to get the front and rear saddlebag speakers to work however the back speakers dont adjust with the volume. Assuming thats a problem with needing a flash and I reset the speakers in order for the radio to recognize them. However still no luck with the lower fairing speakers.