Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FM TW-222 Cam reviews needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 07:21 AM
b17467
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by roadglider05
I want their dyno to do my bike, it is amazing how their numbers are so much higher than every one else. My 2011 road glide ultra with Boyesen power x intake, V&H power duals, PC-V with auto tune, and Andrews 54H cams on Robs dyno can ONLY achieve 87 hp and 92 lb ft torque and yet even without cams theirs can reach above 100. In lieu of discussion mine were done at 100* and the bike runs better than the #'s indicate. Thank God we don't ride dyno sheets.
So you had the same bike dyno'd at both places on the same day and got different results ?

Old 08-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Doesn't 204 cams have a 34 intake closing? odd indeed...

Old 08-19-2012, 08:15 AM
ColoSpgsMark
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want their dyno to do my bike, it is amazing how their numbers are so much higher than every one else. My 2011 road glide ultra with Boyesen power x intake, V&H power duals, PC-V with auto tune, and Andrews 54H cams on Robs dyno can ONLY achieve 87 hp and 92 lb ft torque and yet even without cams theirs can reach above 100. In lieu of discussion mine were done at 100* and the bike runs better than the #'s indicate. Thank God we don't ride dyno sheets.
If you've got a 103" with the 54H I'd say your torque number is lower than to be expected. Had that on my prior bike and it was 112 with a slight bump in compression (10:1)

Old 08-19-2012, 09:06 AM
george liles
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Actually, I'd like to see some comparision to the TW-222 and the TW5-6 cam that woods makes. It kind of looks like you're splitting hairs between the two cams.[/QUOTE]

Me too, I called and talked to Bob last week about cams. My bike is a 2011 Limited and I want it to pull as soon as I let the clutch out... He said the 222 is the deal so we'll see soon enough.

Old 08-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of dishonesty out there. I'd not be surprised if the numbers presented were a touch higher then realistic for any build. They would be able to say there was a margine of expectation and your bike came up on the low side rather than the high side of that range. After all what proof have they offered that those numbers are consistently reachable? I hope it works out for you, but just because they boast higher then industry numbers does not mean much. I'd challenge that a bit to see why the industry does not share their success before I started buying that claim.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:37 AM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by equandt
While the TW-222 makes some nice looking numbers, I'm holding out for the TW-333 cam. Actually, I'd like to see some comparision to the TW-222 and the TW5-6 cam that woods makes. It kind of looks like you're splitting hairs between the two cams.
I don't think it's "splitting hairs" both are good midrange cams. The 222 will have the power band slightly to the left of the 5-6, that's all. Further, the 5-6 has too much lift for an everyday rider IMHO. I know others do it, but the 222 will be easier on the valve train, again IMHO.

Originally Posted by Tn.Heritage
Doesn't 204 cams have a 34 intake closing? odd indeed...
Nothing odd about it. Lot's of cams are built with these similar specs. Makes for a great all around midrange cam. You'd see similar cams in stock TC's if Harley didn't have to deal with the EPA.

Originally Posted by george liles
Actually, I'd like to see some comparision to the TW-222 and the TW5-6 cam that woods makes. It kind of looks like you're splitting hairs between the two cams.
[/QUOTE]Me too, I called and talked to Bob last week about cams. My bike is a 2011 Limited and I want it to pull as soon as I let the clutch out... He said the 222 is the deal so we'll see soon enough.[/QUOTE]

I'd say the 222 would fit your needs nicely.

Last edited by ocezam; 08-20-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:44 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,914 Likes on 21,308 Posts

Originally Posted by ocezam
Nothing odd about it. Lot's of cams are built with these similar specs. Makes for a great all around midrange cam. You'd see similar cams in stock TC's if Harley didn't have to deal with the EPA.
Actually, it is HD that is pro-active and voluntarily goes for the EPA bullshit, and spoon-feeds it to us.

They initiated the catalytic converter move, but thought/said to the EPA that all of the other motorcycle manufacturers had to follow suite.
This is according to an HD dealer.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:46 AM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
Actually, it is HD that is pro-active and voluntarily goes for the EPA bullshit, and spoon-feeds it to us.

They initiated the catalytic converter move, but thought/said to the EPA that all of the other motorcycle manufacturers had to follow suite.
This is according to an HD dealer.
yea those dealers would not lie lol. Harley only intitated the CC move because being air cooled they could not meet regs without it. no company HD included voluntarily goes for epa stuff, they are mandated too if they want to sell in the USA.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:37 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Subscribed

Old 08-20-2012, 12:55 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Please show me where in the world anyone has ever claimed to get anywhere near 100 Hp with stock cams. Aint gonna happen, not even close.

As far as the numbers we publish some need to take into consideration that we have spent years, many bikes, many components, and thousands of dyno runs developing specific combinations to come up with what we consider the best of the best of our testing and everything is relative to our dyno and conditions for that day.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: FM TW-222 Cam reviews needed