Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1" Lowered Kickstands ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:25 AM
WOLFMAN94
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I lowered my bike 2" and have air ride that I slam when parked, the bike would stand straight up with the stock stand.
I loosened the 4 bolts that hold the stand, put a lock washer between the plate and the frame on the two lower bolts and tightened it down. It changes the angle just enough to let the bike lean. cost "0$"

Old 08-25-2012, 11:17 AM
NPfatbob
Intermediate

My mistake, thought that's what you meant.

Old 05-19-2013, 05:32 PM
ozzie21
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Pingel Kickstand (Jiffy Stand)

Originally Posted by txlen
OK.. I searched on here and did some calling of our sponsors .. Who makes a kickstand to fit the 2012 Street glide 1" lowered??.. I found a lot sell them for up to 2008 .. then the frame changed in 2009 and again in 2010.. so most think they don't have something that will work on a 2012 any body got any thoughts or know where to get one?? thanks.. Len
I have my 120R 2012 Street Glide lowered 1" in front and I have Legend Air Shocks in the back. I had been already considering what to do about this lower center of gravity and a recent near disaster at the local carwash where just the high pressure from the washgun tipped my bike over put this at the top of my list of things to do now.
Anyway here's a pic and I also pasted some of the text from the Pingel website about this side stand.

Two kickstand models for front and rear lowered Harley-Davidson FL motorcycles are available. One model for 1" lowered bikes and one model for 2" lowered bikes. These kickstands are handcrafted from steel in the USA, TIG welded and then hand polished to accept smooth show quality chrome plating. These lowered kickstands mount directly on the stock mounting bracket and utilizes the stock return spring. Unlike the stock H-D kickstand, these models have a large surface foot pad contact area to support the bike better on the ground. The kick tab is also easily accessible for use with stock and oversized primary covers. Also available is a stock replacement kickstand which provides a less steep lean angle, which in turn reduces effort when lifting the bike off of the kickstand. Patents Pending.
Designed specifically for 2007-2013 FL. Also fits years back to 1984, but lean angles may vary.

Attached Thumbnails 1" Lowered Kickstands ...-pingel-lowered-jiffy-stand.jpg  
Old 07-30-2013, 04:37 PM
Heritagechic
4th Gear
Default Road King lowered - kickstand

Lowered my 2013 Road King and she stands too straight for comfort. Read opinions - lots of good information. I came up with several options to consider:
1) Pingel enterprise - I went to their site and tried to "put item in basket" so I could see price. Website would get "stuck" - just sits there and won't finish loading. Very annoying but will keep trying.
2) Dennis Kirk - Arlen Ness. Good option - out of stock currently. Signed up for email alerts when back in stock.
3) Drag Speciality Wedge thingie - looks promising...kinda concerned about the reviews that say the kickstand tends to bounce when "up" after install.
4) @WOLFMAN94 - do it yourself. Sent this to hubby to determine if he feels he could do that without problem and get his thoughts. I know what a washer is - not sure about a "lock washer". Just a ignorant chic.

Anything else new and improved out there on the market since this conversation ended? I feel like my bike is a freaken' accident waiting to happen. I have found myself driving around parking lots trying to find the spot that does/doesn't have the "lean". It is just a matter of time before it tops over due to lack of lean.

Old 02-10-2015, 06:28 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,494 Likes on 637 Posts

I've been saving this thread b/c I needed to come up w/ something after lowering my RKC 1" front & back. It stood way too straight, so after a summer of procrastination this was near the top of my winter mod list.

I decided to use the easy & cheap method of washers behind the lower bolt. I ended up using 2 10mm stainless lock washers. I'm happy with the results. I'm posting these before & after pics for others who may decide to do this mod.

I tried to take both shots using the same angle and framing. Look through the windshield to the backrest and use the vertical row of door hinges as your reference point. Notice the position of the backrest in both shots. You'll see that those 2 washers made a significant difference.

Of course turning the wheel to the left also helps a lot, but I kept it straight to more easily show results of the mod.

Thanks to all who posted before me for all the ideas, and I hope my addition helps others.

Before:

After:

Last edited by MikeBel; 02-10-2015 at 06:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
thinksnow (06-15-2017)
Old 03-04-2015, 01:46 PM
bzb123
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

[QUOTE=MikeBel;13694349]I've been saving this thread b/c I needed to come up w/ something after lowering my RKC 1" front & back. It stood way too straight, so after a summer of procrastination this was near the top of my winter mod list.

I decided to use the easy & cheap method of washers behind the lower bolt. I ended up using 2 10mm stainless lock washers. I'm happy with the results. I'm posting these before & after pics for others who may decide to do this mod.

I tried to take both shots using the same angle and framing. Look through the windshield to the backrest and use the vertical row of door hinges as your reference point. Notice the position of the backrest in both shots. You'll see that those 2 washers made a significant difference.

Of course turning the wheel to the left also helps a lot, but I kept it straight to more easily show results of the mod.

Thanks to all who posted before me for all the ideas, and I hope my addition helps others.

thanks for the pictures, helps with the visualization.

Just wondering if you needed to put longer bolts in to compensate for the space taken up with the washers.

Put the lower front kit on the wife's street glide, and notice that the bike is more upright.

going to install the rear lower kit, while I am at it going to do your mod as well

again, thanks

Old 03-04-2015, 02:10 PM
Punjabi Rider
Grand HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts

I used Drag specialty wedge in our lowered 08 UC but you can get by putting some washers on the bottom just use longer bolt to make up the depth difference of the spacers.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:27 PM
snipit
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,922 Likes on 4,159 Posts

Originally Posted by JJHOG
I ordered a 1" lowered kickstand from Dennis Kirk that was specifically made for the 2009 and up Touring Bike. It is made by Arlen Ness and the Dennis Kirk Part #: 508410

My bike is already lowered 1" in the front and 1" in the back and this kick stand works perfect for having sufficient lean.
+2 on the Arlen Ness

Old 03-04-2015, 05:10 PM
MikeBel
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,494 Likes on 637 Posts

Originally Posted by bzb123
thanks for the pictures, helps with the visualization. Just wondering if you needed to put longer bolts in to compensate for the space taken up with the washers.
BZB, I'm glad the photos helped you! I didn't have to replace the lower bolt; the stock bolt had plenty of space. Good Luck!

Old 03-04-2015, 07:26 PM
ricktherocket
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Paul Yaffe offers a 2" lowered stand if anyone could use one like that.

Quick Reply: 1" Lowered Kickstands ...