Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Hammock Seat Review...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 08:19 PM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here are some pics
The first is both seats side by side. notice on the 14 the passenger pillon is fatter right near where the riders backrest goes in. Also on the 14 it has some nicer double stitching on it.
I put them both on my 14 limited because my 13 Road Glide is a CVO and has a detachable tour pack and the speakers are in the deck lids. Notice the rear part of the seat is about the same.
Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails Harley Hammock Seat Review...-both.jpg   Harley Hammock Seat Review...-seat-1.jpg   Harley Hammock Seat Review...-seat2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ultraclassic53
Here are some pics
The first is both seats side by side. notice on the 14 the passenger pillon is fatter right near where the riders backrest goes in. Also on the 14 it has some nicer double stitching on it.
I put them both on my 14 limited because my 13 Road Glide is a CVO and has a detachable tour pack and the speakers are in the deck lids. Notice the rear part of the seat is about the same.
Hope this helps
The passenger portion of the '14 seat is narrower towards the back to accommodate the speaker pod of the 2014 bikes.
I have the older version on my EG Classic that moves me back a good inch or more from stock. I like the way it feels on my butt although I'm still trying to get used to the distance away from the stock bars. The height is also a little different than stock which puts me in a funny position with my hips since I think I am more bent at the waist as opposed to riding upright.
For me, pullback bars like the 2+2 sweepers would make this seat perfect but I'm trying to avoid the expense.
The stock seat cramps my legs to the shifter and brake but is comfortable for my arms and back. Just can't win. I'm 6' so I'm not short.

Do you think the '14 version would be the answer or do you think I will still feel cramped with my legs. My understanding is that the '14 version is similar to the stock riding position as a few on this site have indicated that it is a crotch buster for them.

Attached Thumbnails Harley Hammock Seat Review...-hammock-1.jpg   Harley Hammock Seat Review...-hammock-2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2014, 08:24 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I really like my pre-14 style heated hammock but the rear pad is a little wide and touches the rear speaker pods and the Harley armrests. I'm worried over time it might wear a hole in the seat. I was wondering if the 14 style would be about the same or not touching?
I might have to see if the local dealer had a 14 demo hammock.

Old 09-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Makdaddy
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by hd_rolling
I really like my pre-14 style heated hammock but the rear pad is a little wide and touches the rear speaker pods and the Harley armrests. I'm worried over time it might wear a hole in the seat. I was wondering if the 14 style would be about the same or not touching?
I might have to see if the local dealer had a 14 demo hammock.

If you decide to sell the heated seat Im interested
Thanks

Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 PM
ultraclassic53
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

After doing some riding on both the 13 and 14 on my 14 Limited, I like the 13 better. It seems to let me sit farther back and down. My Girlfriend likes the 13 better. The 14 seems to be higher in the back and she keeps slidding into me, the 13 is lower in the back and she doesn't do it.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:04 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

saw a hammock on a '14 SGS. IMO did not hurt the look of the bike at all.

Old 03-18-2015, 08:49 AM
danparnell
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an appointment to have one installed on my new Freewheeler Trike. I did not see my bike listed on the models that this seat will fit but the Harley Dealership said it would fit. I will let you all know how it goes after I take it in on April 1st. Also having additional lighting installed on the rear of the bike.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:42 AM
bobx67
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had one of those i would put on my 08 flhx for long trips. mostly for the passenger. i hated the way it looked on the bike but it was comfortable and she loved it. i called it 'big ugly'.

Old 03-18-2015, 11:57 AM
stubby001
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just installed a Heated Hammock on my 14 Ultra.I haven't had a chance to get on it yet, but I demoed both the 14 & up and 13 later last fall. They will both fit the 14 but are slightly different, I liked the 14 so went with that.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:43 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

I also demoed the 14 heated Hammock on my 14 Limited and really liked it. My wife said it was the same comfort as the stock seat, she just loved the heat feature.

Ended up buying the 14/15 CVO heated hammock along with the CVO rider and CVO passenger tour pak backrest. My 14 Limited now provides the identical ride and comfort as a new CVO. Limited. I am very happy with the comfort and appearance.

Quick Reply: Harley Hammock Seat Review...