Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Hammock Seat Review...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2016, 08:20 PM
ddsdoorguy
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

This is a great thread everyone. I am ready to purchase a new seat now.(Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket) I've been looking at seats for about 4 months. I was convinced at gettting a Diamond seat custom made for my '14 Ultra Limited. But after reading all these reviews on the Hammock seat, I may go try one out. My tailbone kills me after about 80 miles on the stock seat if I can't stop and stand up for a bit. My wife has no problems at all, so an upgraded seat shouldn't hurt her either. I am a little concerned about it lifting me up a bit. I don't want to be on my toes when stopped. I'm 5'10" 220lbs. Maybe my big butt will keep me flat footed. Ha!

Old 01-09-2016, 08:26 PM
ricktherocket
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ddsdoorguy
This is a great thread everyone. I am ready to purchase a new seat now.(Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket) I've been looking at seats for about 4 months. I was convinced at gettting a Diamond seat custom made for my '14 Ultra Limited. But after reading all these reviews on the Hammock seat, I may go try one out. My tailbone kills me after about 80 miles on the stock seat if I can't stop and stand up for a bit. My wife has no problems at all, so an upgraded seat shouldn't hurt her either. I am a little concerned about it lifting me up a bit. I don't want to be on my toes when stopped. I'm 5'10" 220lbs. Maybe my big butt will keep me flat footed. Ha!

Check out the prices at Broardtracker HD, best I've found.

The following users liked this post:
dceggert (12-13-2017)
Old 01-09-2016, 08:39 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Ok, I've had my Hammock for a while now, and all I can say is "Wow"!

I tried the stock Touring seat on my RGS, then I tried an Ultra seat, and a Sundowner, and now the Hammock.

The Hammock is, for me, the best by far. It's not only supremely comfortable, but because it hasn't had the nose of the seat narrowed, it provides support under the thighs, and you keep your position without sliding forward.

Because the nose of the seat has not been narrowed, I can definitely tell that I can't put my legs as straight down as with the stock or other upgrade seats. I'm 5'9", barely, with a 30" inseam. I could flat-foot with all the other seats, but with the Hammock I'm on the ***** of my feet, unless I really stand up and lean forward. For me, since I never put both feet down, this is absolutely not a concern.

This is my keeper.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:55 PM
ddsdoorguy
Cruiser

Wow thanks RICKTHEROCKET. The seat is $110 cheaper at boardtracker than the harley store. I appreciate the tip.

Old 01-09-2016, 09:51 PM
ricktherocket
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow thanks RICKTHEROCKET. The seat is $110 cheaper at boardtracker than the harley store. I appreciate the tip.

Yes I know.

You're welcome!

Old 01-10-2016, 03:46 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Originally Posted by IdahoHacker
Ok, I've had my Hammock for a while now, and all I can say is "Wow"!

I tried the stock Touring seat on my RGS, then I tried an Ultra seat, and a Sundowner, and now the Hammock.

The Hammock is, for me, the best by far. It's not only supremely comfortable, but because it hasn't had the nose of the seat narrowed, it provides support under the thighs, and you keep your position without sliding forward.

Because the nose of the seat has not been narrowed, I can definitely tell that I can't put my legs as straight down as with the stock or other upgrade seats. I'm 5'9", barely, with a 30" inseam. I could flat-foot with all the other seats, but with the Hammock I'm on the ***** of my feet, unless I really stand up and lean forward. For me, since I never put both feet down, this is absolutely not a concern.

This is my keeper.
This is my experience.
You bring up the point about thigh support, so there is less pressure elsewhere like the tail bone. People who get their seats narrowed should think about this, I handle the bike fine with a 30" inseam. I spend much more time on the seat riding than I do trying to be flat footed at a light.

Old 01-10-2016, 08:58 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

doorguy; I would recommend taking advantage of your local Harley dealers seat demo plan. That is what convinced me to buy a heated Hammock for my 14 Limited. My wife loves the seat and the heat. I am 6 ft. 230lbs..

Additionally; I would HIGHLY recommend that you upgrade your existing suspension. Combined with your Hammock seat, you will experience dramatically improved comfort. I just installed Legend Revo shocks and Legend AXEO front end kit. Transformed my bike. Also addressed your height concern. I installed standard height suspension but the new setup actually resulted in my bike sitting a bit lower. My bike feels firmer and smoother.

IMHO, upgrading your suspension is just as important as the seat. Maybe more.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:02 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
This is my experience.
You bring up the point about thigh support, so there is less pressure elsewhere like the tail bone. People who get their seats narrowed should think about this, I handle the bike fine with a 30" inseam. I spend much more time on the seat riding than I do trying to be flat footed at a light.
Exactly. Yes, it's noticeable that I can't get both heels on the ground so I'm on the ***** of my feet. For exactly 0.0003% of the time I'm on the bike. The other 99.9997% of the time I'm the most comfortable I've ever been.

We just had a function at the local dealer yesterday, and a bunch of guys sat on my bike. You should have seen the looks on their faces as they settled into the seat. Priceless!

Btw, for anyone who is considering a seat upgrade of any kind, and is also considering a rider backrest, make sure you get the backrest first, before you start testing seats. It will entirely change your posture and how your butt sits on the seat (for the better!), and the seat feels completely different with and without the backrest.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:17 PM
ddsdoorguy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scottt
doorguy; I would recommend taking advantage of your local Harley dealers seat demo plan. That is what convinced me to buy a heated Hammock for my 14 Limited. My wife loves the seat and the heat. I am 6 ft. 230lbs..

Additionally; I would HIGHLY recommend that you upgrade your existing suspension. Combined with your Hammock seat, you will experience dramatically improved comfort. I just installed Legend Revo shocks and Legend AXEO front end kit. Transformed my bike. Also addressed your height concern. I installed standard height suspension but the new setup actually resulted in my bike sitting a bit lower. My bike feels firmer and smoother.

IMHO, upgrading your suspension is just as important as the seat. Maybe more.
Thanks Scottt. I will definately look into that. I hadn't considered doing that at all.

Old 01-10-2016, 05:45 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Thanks Scottt. I will definately look into that. I hadn't considered doing that at all.

Upgrading my suspension did more for my comfort and ability to ride long distance than any modification I have made. Wish I had done it sooner.

Quick Reply: Harley Hammock Seat Review...