Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 08-27-2012, 01:17 PM
Road Captain
David Taylor
Default Harley Hammock Seat Review...

Hey guys, just picked up a Harley Hammock Rider & Passenger Seat for a great price (thanks Pittz5).
Thought I would give you guys a review if you're thinking of getting one.

First off I put it on a 2011 Street Glide with stock suspension (no lowering kit)
I'm 5'-9" and weight 205 pounds. (yeah I know I could stand to lose a few pounds)

The seat is definetley bulkier than the stock seat and the passenger pillion is huge. Once I put it on the bike and sat on down I could tell it sat me up about an inch. However, the front of it is pretty narrow so I didn't have a problem getting my feet on the ground. I can't set flat footed but with a 30" inseam I'm used to that.
Now for the real test.
The next day I took it for a 400 mile ride with just a few stops along the way.
The slight change in riding position felt a little weird at first but after a few miles all was good.
The seat is definitely soft. Feels like I'm sitting on my couch. I didn't experience any pinching or hard spots in the seat.
Where this seat really shines in when you hit the inevitable dip in the road. You know the kind where they have replace a culvert and didn't get the pavement filled in just right. Your bike slams down in the dip and bottoms out.
I had this happen a few times on my ride. I felt the bike bottom out a couple time. With the stock seat this sends a nice jar up your spine and you're cussing the D.O.T. for the next mile.
With the Harley Hammock seat the built in "sling" absorbed the shock. You can litterally feel the seat give.

All in all I really like the seat.
I wish the passenger pillon was narrower but other than that I'm very happy with it.
I'm looking forward to putting many miles on this seat.

Now I just need to put in for more vacation.

2011 Street Glide - White Hot Denim
V&H Dresser Duals with Monster Ovals, SE Heavy Breather, Stage 1 Download, HD Windsplitter Windshield, Boom Audio Fairing & Saddlebag Speakers
Old 08-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Road Captain

Nice, I'm 5' 8" also with a 30" inseam. I have a SG and can sit flat footed with bent knees - how does that work?

Anyway, I have a HD signature series solo on mine which I had a gel top section added to last week. It sits maybe a half an inch higher than before but so far make a hell of a difference in comfort much I suppose like your hammock seat which I think looks great as a two up seat or with a tourpak

Perhaps like mine the proof will be in coping with a long ride and I have one coming up soon to test it - ride safe..
Old 08-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Yep,the Hammock is the most comfortable seat I have ever sat on. Thanks for the review,it's a little pricey but well worth it IMO.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:03 AM
One Of The Regulars

Just had one of these put on my 09 Ultra. So far, much better on my butt. The ischium of the pelvic bone really irritates me on long hauls on the stock seat.

My Ultra has a lowering kit. I'm 5'11" at 200 lbs and though the hammock seat feels a bit wider in the thigh it doesn't stop me from being flat footed on the ground at a stop.

In a couple of weeks I'll give the seat a real test with a 500+ mile ride from the coast of NC to mid KY. I'll let you know how it does.

Its not a cheap seat at about 500 bucks but its better than 800 for the RZ.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:30 AM
One Of The Regulars

Put a Hammock on my Road King. Much better than the stock seat. I sit up a bit higher and can just about flat foot (5'-11 230). Once on the road it is like a comfy sofa.

2007 Road King

"Not on the rug, man"
Old 07-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Senior Rider

have a hammock seat also -- LOVE IT

you have 2 choices when it comes to seats comfort or looks...
07 Cobalt RoadGlide - S&S 106, with S&S heads Woods, SE 50mm throttle body, SE 4.9 injectors, Woods 7HG gear driven cams, Samson Powerflow II exhaust 2.5" baffle, Mach 2 AC, Thundermax FI, Chopped TourPack, Heated Corbin seat, DNA Fat spoke 21" & 18" rims, Venom Tires

09 Crossbones , Vance and Hines Straight Shots, S&S 510 chain drive cams, PM AC, SE Racetuner, Saddlebags, Springer saddle, Memphis Fats Windshield
Old 01-19-2014, 02:54 PM
Senior Rider

great review, i bought the new 14 hammock for my SG, but the MN Winter is holding me back from trying it out.. It sounds like i made the right choice.
Fuel Moto Pro Billet Stage 1 Air Cleaner

Old 01-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Road Master

I'm curious to see how it looks on a Street Glide...
Old 01-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Senior Rider

Here you go.
Attached Thumbnails
Harley Hammock Seat Review...-image-811320477.jpg  Harley Hammock Seat Review...-image-677166900.jpg  Harley Hammock Seat Review...-image-1849017072.jpg  Harley Hammock Seat Review...-image-2898440189.jpg  
Fuel Moto Pro Billet Stage 1 Air Cleaner

Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Road Master

Thanks for the pics. It really changes the look of the bike, not sure if that is good or bad, but it looks seriously comfortable!! I might have to add that to my list of "someday" items.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:08 PM

P