Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you had 7,000 for winter mods???

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If you had 7,000 for winter mods???

Hello folks,

Well I got my summer riding in on my baby, and I am back down here in Mexico and the school year is off to a good start. If I work my cards right and football season pays off, will have about 7,000 grand over the winter, or at least 5,000 to do some more mods to the my blue/black 2010 FLHTK, as it stand now I am back on the sporty and love that bike as well , but I am a little confused as where to start with continuing more mods. I like the 103 and have done some mods, what you do?? Here is what i have done already:
Painted Flame blue inner fairing
***** G everything: Heated Grips, Derby, timer, floors, mirros, I mean everything ( I know, but I like it)
103 #1 with skull air cleaner cover
Engraved LED winshield
Hill Country 14" apes
LED Lizard lights under the bike
Woods 555 cams
Fuel moto stage one
FM Ceramic headers
T-MAX,
klock werks exhaust 4" straight cut longs
Bagger Nation stereo rockfordfosgate system (road glide house party system: 10 speakers 800 watt and tweeter-pod painted and modified to fit my Limited)
Painted speaker lids and 6x9's in the bags
two punchs in the touring pod
two 6 1/2 in the lowers
two in the fairing
One 400 amp in the tour pack
One 400 one in the fairing,
Mustang pillow seat, backrest and tourpack
plenty SKULLbling.

I am currently on the fence about PM wheels black and blue to match the bike or poweder coating chrome parts on the motor, and adding to the HP, not quite sure how to go about adding more HP, other than what is listed.
IN the end, I would love to have the bike be a show bike, mainly becuase I ride it for about a month and a half out of the year, granted I ride the **** out of it when I am home, and have the mods done in the winter, but I ride my sporty as my daily ride down here in Mexico, becuase I dont want my investment stolen, if you know what I mean. You never see baggers here in Torreon.

Or should I save the mod cash, come home over November break(8days) and ride it fast and hard to Torreon Mexico, I am not afraid fo clod riding, lived in Maine for 7 years. My sporty has not been stolen and Maybe I will have the same luck, but I am not sure. In any case what you do with 7,000 for winter mods to be done for next summer.

Attached Thumbnails If you had 7,000 for winter mods???-me-and-sporty-in-need-of-break.jpg   If you had 7,000 for winter mods???-mail.jpg   If you had 7,000 for winter mods???-002.jpg   If you had 7,000 for winter mods???-003.jpg  
Old 09-04-2012, 10:22 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 393 Likes on 335 Posts

7000 ?

leave good enough alone and get a ducati.

I like multiple bikes rather than doing a lot of stuff to one bike.

Mike

Old 09-04-2012, 10:25 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!

I ride a sporty down here in mexico as my daily ride to and from work. Not a huge fan of ducati or sport bikes, but I have always wanted a heritage or Road king, do you think that I could be a a decent deal for 7K of either one of these two??

Old 09-04-2012, 10:30 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had $7K for mods...............and only for mods.......
I'd fly the TwiZted Biker to Maine, put him up and work with him while he got my shovel head in tip top shape. Then I'd party with the left over dough.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Artlee
If I had $7K for mods...............and only for mods.......
I'd fly the TwiZted Biker to Maine, put him up and work with him while he got my shovel head in tip top shape. Then I'd party with the left over dough.

Wish I could do it bro, but stuck in Mexico.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:35 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member

Artlee, did you catch the Salmon festival up there, a few buddies of mine from back in the day, Coopper hill guys, and some other guys from Machias were up there playing. I heard it was a good time, I lived in Machias for a good bit.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:38 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

If I had that much cash to throw at my bike, I would drop in a 120r motor.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:43 PM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would get the wheels and save the rest for Margaritas and senoritas.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No Tim, I did not experience the Salmon fest, but I did have some pie at Helen's - wicked good blueberry pie. Yes, I member you said you was downeast for a bit.
Pirate Festival is this weekend in Eastport, big time there for sure http://www.eastportpiratefestival.com/ .Nope, goin to be elsewhere.
Ayuh, ride safe therah mistah.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If I had $7,000.00 for winter mods, the bike in my sig pic would look like this when I was done....

Last edited by DannyZ71; 09-04-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Quick Reply: If you had 7,000 for winter mods???