Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auxiliary Brake Light / Running Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

Old 09-14-2012, 09:13 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,031 Likes on 7,960 Posts
Default Auxiliary Brake Light / Running Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit

How many of you have it and does it make that big of a difference? Thinking about adding it to my 2010 FLHTCU.

Part # 69461-06C

Last edited by zoozoo; 09-14-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:27 PM
HogglyWoggly
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Added mine from Bad Lands along with LEDs front and rear from Custom Dynamics. Great customer service from both companies.
Improving the chances of being seen can never be a bad thing IMHO.
-Carl

Old 09-14-2012, 10:30 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Had mine installed at the dealership while bike was in for 1,000 mile service. Cost was the kit only. I think it makes a huge difference. If I am at a light or stop sign, and see a vehicle approaching me from behind, all I do is let off the brake for a second, and reapply, and they ALWAYS stop with plenty of distance between us. Not once have I had someone crowd me while stopped. They are definitely more eye catching than just the single tail light alone.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:43 PM
AlaskaAviator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The wife's 04 EGC has this kit and it is a huge difference. First time I saw it I was really surprised at how much better it is than a single light.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:46 PM
EricD10563
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I found and was told by fellow riders that it was harder to see my turn signals but easier to see my brake lights. I'm still running the combination but with HD LED signals and the same people now say it made a big difference and they can easily tell when I'm signaling. I also have a brightass tail light which I had before I switched to HD LED signals. When running stock/brightass light I would have been happier if all three lights came on in braking mode only, now that I'm running all LED I think it works really well. It's sort of a toss up better brake lights but maybe the turn signals are not as easily seen.

BTW this was in daytime use only, otherwise it was easily seen.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:25 PM
Quiet56
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

I have it, along with the airwing luggage rack and saddle bag LED's. I'm going to convert the taillight to a BAL and led turn signal/running/brake lights. You can't fix stupid but you can at least make their lies unbelievable when they say they never saw you and a guy half mile back says he could!!

Old 09-15-2012, 09:13 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 304 Likes on 226 Posts

I had it on my nightrain and wasn't happy with it. in my opinion it didn't make enough difference since all the lights changed the same and the brightness didn't change much. All stock bulbs.

I changed it out later for the Biketronics "Tailstopper" The turn signals stay off for running but light up when stopping. One light on for run, three for stop. Very obvious that I've got the brakes on when two extra lights come on. When I sold the Nightrain, I took it off and moved to the Road King. I'm very happy with it.

http://www.biketronics.com/products/...ilStopper.html

Old 09-17-2012, 11:20 AM
Joe12RK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,407 Likes on 878 Posts

i like mine - having three running lights on the dark country roads around here gives me more peace of mind. was on a run yesterday and noticed how dim the stock tail light is!

Old 09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
brewdog
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I converted my Ultra Limited with Custom Dynamics, rear LEDs and added the flashing module. Very bright and well worth the $. The two turn signals and the brake all light up at the same time when I hit the brakes, then all flash three times with one second pulses and stop. They are great!

Old 09-17-2012, 02:08 PM
JJHOG
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have both the tail light/brake/turn signal converter plus I also install the trunk light conversion kit so it to lights up for brakes and turns.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auxiliary Brake Light / Running Light / Turn Signal Conversion Kit