Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Perfect opportunity

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:10 AM
CHIPPDOG77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perfect opportunity

Hi guys, new member here. Been lurking and browsing the endless useful information on here "and the useless rants". I worked at a local dealership in the parts dept. and before i worked there i thought Harley owners were a different group of riders. For the most part, alot of them are,then theres the whining,crying,bitching about the moco,wanting stuff free wanting moco to fix EVERYTHING. some times i am plum ashamed to be associated with these "bikers". I bought my bike "the fourth Harley" because i love the way it looks,its sound and its absolute simplicity to work on and modify. Its a 2010 denim black glide with agitators,extended bags,D@D pipes,107 kit,110 heads,Dave Mackie 598 cams,dakota digital gauges,13 inch apes,klockwerks windshield and all black boards,levers and other black items. I love it. I like Harley, is everything perfect for me? No. And probably not for anyone else in the world either. Am i going to bash the moco? NO if i dont like something im gonna change it to MY liking. Which brings me to my title, perfect opportunity! if you dont like something, dont bitch about it on the internet like a 12 yo, fix it. If no one makes what you need to fix it the way YOU want it, there is the "perfect opportunity" for YOU to design,create,market, and make money on the solution. I know i will offend some people and make some friends hopefully but i am not here to offend. I tell it like it is, I tell it like i see it and i have very tough skin.I know how to turn my head and walk on with my likes. I have used several ideas off this forum and am thankful for all who post, hopefully in my modifying and working i can be of some use as some of you have been for me. Nice to meet everyone and let the fun continue.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:23 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Seems to me your on here bitching about Harley riders. Using your words if you don't like something don't bitch about it on the Internet. When a person pays the kind of money for a bike that he pays and gets the runaround for service than he has the right to bitch and if you don't like it than you shouldn't read it. Not trying to offend anybody.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 AM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Welcome to the forum, ya missed your calling as a preacher....LOL.
I agree with what you say, and now that I'm retired first thing in the morning I get a cup a coffee, my smokes and limp mode over to my laptop and " log on" !
It get's me going, kinda like catch'in your foreskin in your zipper... !

Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 AM
HarleyLew
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fat daddy
if you don't like it than you shouldn't read it.
Sounds like good advice, I think the OP offered the same. Perfect opportunity...is the title?

Old 09-26-2012, 10:30 AM
fwb35
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fat daddy
Seems to me your on here bitching about Harley riders. Using your words if you don't like something don't bitch about it on the Internet. When a person pays the kind of money for a bike that he pays and gets the runaround for service than he has the right to bitch and if you don't like it than you shouldn't read it. Not trying to offend anybody.
What he said, thats what this forum is for, finding out things and also being able to bitch about stupid things the moco does, like claim the twin cam was a million mile motor when the tensioners only lasted about 20k miles and destroyed engines, the moco should have stepped up and have taken care of this faulty design, but other aftermarket companies found a cure for us to fix and for us to pay for their mistake, so we can bitch all we want about what we want, not that I bitch about anything..... lol

Old 09-26-2012, 10:32 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice first post. Nothing like diving right in with a "useless rant"

Old 09-26-2012, 10:41 AM
CHIPPDOG77
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Nice first post. Nothing like diving right in with a "useless rant"
Looks like im gonna fit right in. hahaha What front fender you running? Looks gooooood.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:41 AM
serjayson
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love the bitchers and non bitchers, but that's just me. Some have good points some dont who am I to tell ya too or not to bitch. Just say what you want and I'll decide to read it or not.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:47 AM
00FattyT
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I get what you say that no one makes something perfect and there are going to be things that need to be changed and I relate that to the fit of the scooter. I know that I am going to change the bars and the seat so that I get a more comfortable and enjoyable ride.

Now dealing with an issue like the early TC88 cam bearing failure and the cam chain tensioners I look at it like this if I just spent $5000 on a new bike then I would be like yea you get what you pay for but when guys are spending $20k+ and the moco knows that there is a problem then I think that gives people the right to bitch.

Just my thoughts which are not even worth 2 cents anymore

Old 09-26-2012, 10:49 AM
PistonPuller
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPDOG77
Looks like im gonna fit right in. hahaha What front fender you running? Looks gooooood.
lol. Yeah you'll like it here. I dont care what anyone says we all started one of those threads at one time or another. I imagine at the dealer you seen your share.
I am running a Hogpro fender.

Quick Reply: Perfect opportunity