Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Security system - motion alarm question

Old 10-16-2012, 07:40 PM
PanJH
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security system - motion alarm question

On a '05 RG, I picked up a couple years ago , I finally decided to play with the security system. I had never used it before. Both of the key fobs activated the system OK and wouldn't let me start it. Then I thought it would be usefull to have an audible alarm( I have an aftermarket one on my soft tail and it works good.).
So I run down to the HD shop and pick up a siren kit, install it and play around some more.
If I activate the system and then turn on the key, the siren goes off and continues uninterrupted. Just as I would expect ( I assume it turns off at some point, but I didn't want to blast my ears out till it did, so I pushed the key fob to turn it off)

Next, I rearmed the system and sat on the bike and lifted it off the sidestand. The siren chirped once and that was it. Not much of a deterent. I had expected it to go off in a continuous manner.

How is it supposed to work ? Is there a setting I need to change/activate ?

Old 10-16-2012, 07:52 PM
bburn
Advanced

Keep messing with the bike and it should stop chirping and go into the full alarm.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:00 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Also check your sensitivity level. I had to adjust mine from one below the most sensitive setting. Now when I forget to turn off the alarm in a public place, everyone stares when I get on and upright the bike with alarm blasting and me looking like crazy for the fob.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:02 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,524 Likes on 3,777 Posts

When it gets old you need to shake it a few times.? HA. There is a setting for levels of sensitive. (3 or 4 of them) One will let you friends exhaust set it off. It's probably were it needs to be since you will forget your alarm is buried in you pocket and it's hard to get it out with both hands on your ears.

Sorry T, I hate it when it take me two minutes to type what someone just said..we think the same. You must be rich like me.

Last edited by Jackie Paper; 10-16-2012 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:27 AM
PanJH
Novice

For some reason it worked today.... and then I set the sensitivity to 3 ( medium) and all is good ................ thanks

Old 10-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Scotty.ie
Intermediate
Question

It appears I have the same system on my 2002 RK classic. Is it a good system as in does it give trouble ? Also mine self arms after 30 or so seconds when I turn off the bike. Can I disable the auto arm on it ?

Old 10-17-2012, 11:32 AM
HDRoadking_nc
Tourer

How do you change the sensitivity setting?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Found the one for the Japanese bike. Will post the right one when I isolate it.

Last edited by Nute; 10-17-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 01:12 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,524 Likes on 3,777 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRoadking_nc
How do you change the sensitivity setting?
I would tell you but it took me 8 years to figure out how to set alarm to just a push left signal right signal 5 times to disarm. For some reason when I try to key mine into setup mode after about 3 or 4 tries it finally works. The new button-less one is probably worth a new Harley.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:00 PM
Nute
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears you can only adjust the sensitivity on the system with the FOB with the Button.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Security system - motion alarm question