Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mods that you regretted---

Old 10-22-2012, 06:56 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks to all that chimed in. I think I'll still pass on the bag lid covers, but if I'm understanding correctly. The big button locking fuel door is one that works, and I'll see if I can find one.

Ride Safe

Old 10-22-2012, 07:53 AM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dansflhti
I'm happy with the mods on my 09,but when I had my 06 standard I installed the SG fairing mounted mirrors.The first ride down the street I realized they weren't as good(in my situation)as the bar mounted mirrors.But now I had holes in the fairing and I lived with them for 4 yrs.
I id them on my last one same result as you looked cool but did not like visibility did not do them on my current one

Old 10-22-2012, 08:18 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

First wife (crazy redhead), cost me more than $6K, if I had pics I would have platered them all over the internet....

Chome light ring - POS!

Zumo 550 Fairing mount kit - still in the box.

RK Custom saddlebag locking kit - still in the box

Old 10-22-2012, 08:32 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by casique
First wife (crazy redhead), cost me more than $6K, if I had pics I would have platered them all over the internet....

Chome light ring - POS!

Zumo 550 Fairing mount kit - still in the box.

casique - What's wrong with the fairing mount kit?. Right now I have my 660 mounted to the left handlebar and it blocks the fuel gauge and the air temp gauge. Both gauges are worthless IMO so it's really not a problem, but if I change the air temp to oil temp, I'll need to do something else with the Zumo.

Ride Safe

Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 AM
roadking2014
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Low profile rear HD shocks, too brutal. Clearview windshield, cracked on install. HD 3 pouch fairing pouch. rubs finish off of fairing behind the outer pouches.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:00 AM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,512 Likes on 1,301 Posts

Originally Posted by LMmarine86
bought the chrome ring for my head light - talk about a piece of ****! There's a huge gap between the lip that curls towards the light, bout 1"1/2. I can only imagine the amount of bugs that are caught up in there now. It looks great from the side and all, but imberrassing when up close.
Ditto this, waste of money.I took mine off. Just a poor design followed by cheap construction.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM
Florida Swamp Yankee
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Keithhu
Tank lift on my Heritage. Hellish mess to put on, less accessible fuel when all my friends had 6 gallon touring bikes, not good.
Was that the kit that goes for around $60 from JP cycles? If so did you go up 2 pr 3"?
I was looking at doing that to hopefully give a place for some of the heat to go. We have a lot of 6 lane intersections that get hot as an oven here sucks sitting at a light 2-3 times on a bad day!

Old 10-22-2012, 01:25 PM
AlaskaAviator
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nonadjustable fairing wind deflector went straight to the garbage can. Seemed to put more wind in my face. Fairing mount for the gps works great, good line of site and able to see all the gauges. Put the fairing mounted mirrors on the wifes, she likes them but I don't. See more of my hands them the road behind me. Been using the big domed push button fuel door for years with no regrets or problems.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:53 PM
NitroShark
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest waste of money mod I ever did to my last RK was without a doubt the detachable fairing (Dead Center). I spent over 2K on that thing and I hated it. Didn't like the look, hated how the bike felt in the wind and the stereo was useless over 50 mph. Sold it after a month for less then half what I paid for it.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:38 PM
Quadancer
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by casique
You should put it on. I bought the RK bags with locks for the Heritage and love 'em. Peace of mind when bike, coats, helmets, are out of sight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mods that you regretted---