Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sending my seat to mean city cycles

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Sending my seat to mean city cycles

Hello, I picked up my new Ultra Limited yesterday and I don't mind saying I feel a little unstable on it. I am 5'8 with a 30" and cannot flat foot the bike the way it is. I want to be much lower into the bike and back a good bit. Basically the same riding position the Harley Brawler seat put you in just with a narrower seat. I sent Mean City Cycles a few emails and they said their extreme narrowing option would solve my problem. Just curious if anybody in my situation had this this mod done and your thoughts on it? Thanks

Old 10-26-2012, 08:16 AM
Lostboy792
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had him do other work for me and liked it, and have been thinking of this exact mod on my RGU, will be following this one to here others comments.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:23 AM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

get the double decker, the name is a little misleading it will still lower the seat, but they use two densities of memory foam, super comfortable.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:35 AM
lhgdale
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Just spoke with one of the guys at Mean City. I didn't get his name but he was super friendly and answered all my questions. I'm gonna ship them my seat Monday for the super narrow mod with the single layer of memory foam since I am looking to go as low as possible.

He said this mod should lower my Ultra seat 2 1/2 inches and move me back an inch. He also said the narrowing option would move my legs in closer to the bike to help with stability.

I'm still curious if this helped others in giving you a confident feel when riding, stopping and slow speed moving the bike?

Last edited by lhgdale; 10-26-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:39 AM
fat daddy
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I had my seat done like this on my sg and I love it . They do quality work and stand behind it,ya can't go wrong here.

Old 10-26-2012, 09:41 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lhgdale
Just spoke with one of the guys at Mean City. I didn't get his name but he was super friendly and answered all my questions. I'm gonna ship them my seat Monday for the super narrow mod with the single layer of memory foam since I am looking to go as low as possible.

He said this mod should lower my Ultra seat 2 1/2 inches and move me back an inch. He also said the narrowing option would move my legs in closer to the bike to help with stability.
I'm 6' and could flat foot my Street Glide stock, but lower is better in my opinion. I had them do the super narrow, memory foam and lower the seat for the driver, double decker memory for the passenger and keep stock height. I can push it around while I'm sitting on it now almost as easy as my old shovel, the ol' lady and I are comfortable at 700 mile days and I got to knock 2" off the windshield height. You'll like it!

Old 10-26-2012, 10:19 AM
ponybob
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got the super narrow and memory foam 10 months ago on my '12 RGC seat. Solved all the stability problems and much more comfortable on long trips. Took about a month for the foam to conform and soften up.

Old 10-26-2012, 10:24 AM
baust55
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am 5'7" 28" inseam. I had my stock 2008 FLHRC seat lowered and narrowed and an inch of memory foam added buy MCC , this helped a lot .
It is awsome !
Wish i had had the passenger portion done with double foam also.

I also have 11" bitch'n bagger drop shocks ,basicly stock shocks cut down .
I also put a kickstand exstention on .

I have done a few 500 mile days , very comfey !Don't cheap out get the memory foam .
This will still be way cheaper than a new low seat and super comfey ride all day seat.

A++ ON MCC

Last edited by baust55; 10-26-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Dark Knight
Road Captain
Received 146 Likes on 36 Posts

The ability to lower the seat while making it more comfortable almost seems too good to be true but based on everything I've read MCC is able to deliver.

For those with a 30" inseam or less, was the super narrow seat mod enough or was further lowering of the bike required to make flat-footing and handling of the bike easier?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:42 AM
tazman509
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 5'8" with a 30" inseam. I sent my SG seat to MCC and had them do the super narrow and also lower it 2". The passenger area was modified by leveling it off and making it a little wider. Better foam all around. Rear looks much better than stock. Unfortunately I have not been able to ride it yet since I am in AssCrackiStan. The wife sent me pics and I do like the looks. Great customer service.

Quick Reply: Sending my seat to mean city cycles