Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno tuning with Power Vision

Old 11-02-2012, 11:54 AM
rellortnoc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyno tuning with Power Vision

I have a 2012 Ultra Limited and recently bought a Power Vision. I'm aware that there are lots of downloadable tunes and I'll likely find one that's just right. But I was thinking about a custom dyno-tune. Can you have a dyno-tune done on your bike with only the Power Vision? I DO NOT want a PCV or other tuner installed. Seems to me that a dyno-tune would be built on the machine's computer, then saved to the Power Vision, then flashed to the ECM. I've tried asking this before from the people who produce the Power Vision, but did not get a yes/no answer. Left me still wondering...

Old 11-02-2012, 12:08 PM
bohica48
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To answer your question yes, you can dynotune with the PV. The problem is finding an experience tuner that uses the PV, since the PV is relatively new there are not many tune shops that are familiar with the PV.

You could however download a map from DJ's website that closely matches your bike and do some autotune runs, that should get you close to where you want to be.

Old 11-02-2012, 12:34 PM
jlacasci
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not trying to steal the thread... The autotune feature on the PV has recently been updated/improved. I just got off the phone with Fuelmoto last week with my new PV on my also new 2013 CVO Ultra. The PV came with a tune for my bike (I ordered the PV when I ordered the jackpot header and pipes). Since I flashed the ECM the bike has run great, but since I have the ability to "auto tune" for my exact bike and the way I ride, why not. Very easy to do and doesn't require a computer at this point either. No more "setup of values on the laptop". Will it be a good as a dyno? I'm guessing maybe not, but that of course depends if you get a VERY GOOD individual that know what they are doing. And I dont' think I ride the bike hard enough to notice the difference between a dyno and my bike after the auto tuning is done.

Joe

Old 11-02-2012, 01:19 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Is there a checklist out yet for the PV auto-tune basic? This might help the OP.

Old 11-02-2012, 01:53 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,368 Likes on 3,999 Posts

Originally Posted by casique
Is there a checklist out yet for the PV auto-tune basic? This might help the OP.
I found this..........

http://blogs.dynojet.com/index.php/2...now-a-reality/

Really seems pretty simple.... my bike is running good with the fuelmoto map, but I may try this just for the fun of it!

Old 11-02-2012, 02:51 PM
TNCarters
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Dynojet now has instructions on their download site but I think they are similar to the blog link above. Where did the OP buy the PowerVision? Original supplier may have developed maps for something closer the his actual configuration.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:56 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
I found this..........

http://blogs.dynojet.com/index.php/2...now-a-reality/

Really seems pretty simple.... my bike is running good with the fuelmoto map, but I may try this just for the fun of it!
Thanks for the link! Been thinking about the PV but, was thinking it may be beyond my illiterate computer skills, if I want to try and fine tune!
That looks fairly simple though.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:10 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

I like my PV and have my bike running very well, but I agree, Dynojet's lack of instructions SUCK.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Bugsy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the PV and it was easier to flash the ECM with a tune than I anticipated. It was harder to do the updates on the computer (not very hard at all though) than it was to plug it in to the bike and update the stock tune to the one I chose. I used the Improved Stock tune since I haven't done the exhaust or air cleaner yet, and the bike is running great! I haven't tried the AutoTune feature yet but I plan on trying it after the Stage 1 gets done over the winter.

I can honestly say the Power Vision is a quality product and easy to use.

Last edited by Bugsy; 11-02-2012 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typos
Old 11-02-2012, 08:22 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

To answer the OP... yes, a decent dyno shop CAN dyno your bike and install that new tune. One is NOT stuck with PCVs, etc.

A Dyno tuned bike, with the PV, should work out really quite well, actually! If you later wished to tweek a thing or two after that dyno tune, you could easily do it,unlike the PCV.

I, myself, think that is a great idea. Call Jamie at Fuelmoto, and see for yourself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dyno tuning with Power Vision