Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TW 222 cams installed

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 08:07 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking TW 222 cams installed

My Indy installed TW 222 cams, PowerVision, Zippers cam tensioner, and Feuling lifters today.

First initial impression..... Awesome! Seat of the pants torque/ power feel on tap.
It's great. Way way better than the SE 255 cams I had put 10,000 miles on- way better.
I noticed the exhaust sounded like it had more rumble to it, throatier perhaps,but definitely better.

Better engine response, and it does not take much twist of the wick to get moving....just what the doctor ordered!

The only down side:
I only got to ride it 20 miles tonight as I put the bike in Winter storage at the HD dealership, bike will be all warm and on a bat tender for the winter. And,
I did not have time to mess with the PowerVision but the handlebar mount and interface is pretty cool. So I guess I read up on PowerVision stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bike definitely has some authority with pronounced seat of the pants torque. Roll the throttle and it gets after it in a very responsive way.This is going to be a freaking blast to ride come nice weather.

This cam will NOT disappoint. Thanks to Fuelmoto for the parts.

Last edited by mgmmgm; 11-07-2012 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Plug for Fuelmoto
Old 11-07-2012, 10:20 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Man, that is a down side - 20 miles and putting it in storage. I'd bring that thing home and play with the Power Vision, detail it 2-3 times, wax it twice, fondle it a couple times and then set back and just look at it!! And then hopefully get a few more days ridin' time. But that's just me. Have fun with it in the spring.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:28 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Curious. Why change out the tensioners?

Old 11-07-2012, 10:45 PM
punisher660
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is a dangerous mod. Since installing mine, I can't keep it under 85mph which accounts for my poor fuel mileage. On a couple of occasions I looked down to see the needle passing the 100mph mark without even realizing how fast I was going. This cam flat out kicks ***!

Old 11-07-2012, 11:23 PM
MB-WideGlide
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice , sounds like maybe the cam I should be looking at for my Roadie .
Man , it's going to be a long wait till spring for you .
Enjoy .

Old 11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Tensioners

Originally Posted by soft 02
Curious. Why change out the tensioners?
My Indy said they are the chit, as far as keeping the tension even on the cam chain.

Check out Zippers Performance new items and you will see it there.
I figured it is better than OEM, I'll go for it.
Can't hurt I suppose.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:37 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,570 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
My Indy said they are the chit, as far as keeping the tension even on the cam chain.

Check out Zippers Performance new items and you will see it there.
I figured it is better than OEM, I'll go for it.
Can't hurt I suppose.
Whats done is done and they arnt that pricy but the 07+ hyd set up is almost bullet proof. Build sounds great. Enjoy.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:38 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Yeah buddy

Originally Posted by punisher660
It is a dangerous mod. Since installing mine, I can't keep it under 85mph which accounts for my poor fuel mileage. On a couple of occasions I looked down to see the needle passing the 100mph mark without even realizing how fast I was going. This cam flat out kicks ***!
I agree, that cam does kick ***! I will take advantage of any fair weather time between now and April to get a ride in for sure.
Best thing is, I am not going to tell my ride buddies about what I did and wake them up a little in the Spring.

Last edited by mgmmgm; 11-08-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

If I had to pick a after market cam the 222's would be it. I love my 204's and the 222 has the same intake closing of 34 which imo is one of the reasons this is such a good cam. Jamie and Bob new what they were doing on this cam.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:34 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,107 Likes on 1,340 Posts

I know alot of guys have been asking for 96" TW-222 charts. Mike G came up from IL yesterday with his sweet 09 FLH for a cam/exhaust swap. We installed the Wood TW-222 cams, Jackpot 2/1/2 Ceramic head pipe and gave it a full dyno tune with Dynojet Power Vision. This results were awesome, this setup made 94Hp/105Tq, outstanding for an otherwise stock 96" motor! Power is nice and broad. Thanks Mike for giving us the opportunity to add some Fuel Moto power

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: TW 222 cams installed