Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2into1 pipe info or 2into2...

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 PM
marvo75
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2into1 pipe info or 2into2...

So i been looking around and see a few road glides with the shorter side pipes, usually 2into2 that dump out right before the bag. Do these make more power? Can you still hear the radio!? LOL? Any info is apperciated....

Old 11-25-2012, 05:55 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Red face

Unlikely to make more power IMHO. Unfortunately with Harleys there are countless options of pipes, many just for looks. Best 'performance' can be had with a 2-into-1, which will give good power and best low/mid range torque. So many choices, so little time.....

Old 11-25-2012, 06:46 AM
Gearhead3
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just went from a stock headpipe and (the original) 3 1/2 inch Jackpots to a Dragos Dragula 2 into 1 and noticed a sizeable increase in both HP and Tq. (FM 107 build) Sorry, but those are the only two exhaust sytems I can speak for. A lot of guys on here change their exhausts more often than their underwear...I'm not one of those guys. LOL I'm not faulting them. It's hard to find an exhaust that is both pleasing to the ear as well as the butt dyno. I haven't had mine on a real dyno yet (since the install) but plan on it in the near future. That'll be the true test.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:49 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Unless they're "tuned" and "engineered" for power - probably not. Also, IRT sound, anything exiting near your body's definitely going to be louder. My TD's exit out the rear (bags) and they're plenty loud...couldn't imagine having them blaring right past my floorboards...

Old 11-25-2012, 07:23 AM
Glockmeister
Ultimate HDF Member

If performance was that big a deal to me I'd ride a Buell, I go for the style I want on stuff I can see and get what performance I can get on stuff I don't see, like cams, juggs, and heads. If ya gotta have performance pipes then talk to FM or MGS about options IMHO. The pipes alone are not a big enough deal to me. I'll easily give up 6 or 8 HP to stay out of a 2-1...just don't like it, BUT then again this is your thread and its your bike. Those pipes you describe are loud as hell...doubt you can hear yourself think much less the radio, good luck bro.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:16 AM
d-streetglidr
Road Warrior
Location: South Carolina-First to secede and hopefully the next.
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Never seen 2 into 2 exit like that. I have seen the LSR 2-1 that exits below the bags.

http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/lsr21/flhtsleds.html

Old 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marvo75
So i been looking around and see a few road glides with the shorter side pipes, usually 2into2 that dump out right before the bag. Do these make more power? Can you still hear the radio!? LOL? Any info is apperciated....
I have the Big Radius pipes,and they dump before the bag.Doesnt make any more power;actually lost some low end.Still have to get it retuned though.

You can hear the radio just fine;around town,or on the highway.

Old 11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
marvo75
Road Master

I have stock pipes on my bike now and cant stand how quiet it is. i am buying stretched bags and a fender this winter and need to decide which pipe im going with so i can buy the bags accordingly....Really want a loud bike plain and simple but not sure i want chopper loud LOL What are some pipes that are duals that are deep and loud? I like the reihardts...

Old 11-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by marvo75
I have stock pipes on my bike now and cant stand how quiet it is. i am buying stretched bags and a fender this winter and need to decide which pipe im going with so i can buy the bags accordingly....Really want a loud bike plain and simple but not sure i want chopper loud LOL What are some pipes that are duals that are deep and loud? I like the reihardts...
Dragos true duals header and Dragula 4" mufflers, had them on my old CVO, better quality and sound than Rineharts, ain't what they use to be quality wide, and everyone and their mother has them. Plus Frank is a good guy to deal with.

The mufflers you describe both on the right side, one of my buddies has them on his RG, and I hate them, they are way too loud, obnoxious, and he lost a very noticeable seat of the pants amount of power on the low end. He's looking to swap his pipes now too but his problem now is he bought stretched bags and fender with no cutouts.....

So think this through and don't rush into it. As for the guys that don't like the one pipe look, you can buy a ghost pipe for the left and it takes care of that, then you get the benefits of a 2-1, but the looks of duals.

Frank @ Dragos and Jamie @ Fuel Moto are both good guys to deal with and both have good products.

FM

Old 11-27-2012, 07:14 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
Dragos true duals header and Dragula 4" mufflers, had them on my old CVO, better quality and sound than Rineharts, ain't what they use to be quality wide, and everyone and their mother has them. Plus Frank is a good guy to deal with.

The mufflers you describe both on the right side, one of my buddies has them on his RG, and I hate them, they are way too loud, obnoxious, and he lost a very noticeable seat of the pants amount of power on the low end. He's looking to swap his pipes now too but his problem now is he bought stretched bags and fender with no cutouts.....

So think this through and don't rush into it. As for the guys that don't like the one pipe look, you can buy a ghost pipe for the left and it takes care of that, then you get the benefits of a 2-1, but the looks of duals.

Frank @ Dragos and Jamie @ Fuel Moto are both good guys to deal with and both have good products.

FM
I didn't go this route but I second it. Very good info. Never been a rinehart fan everyone has them and I don't get it the sound just doesn't do anything for me.

As for a true dual system, if that's what you really want talk to one of those guys mentioned they really care and can answer all your questions and insure you get the sound AND the performance. Why sacrifice one or the other?

I personally am partial to the looks, sound, and performance of a quality 2-1 pipe. And like he mentions, don't like the look? No problem just get the dummy/ghost pipe. Good luck whatever you decide.

I wouldn't rule out talking to Steve @ fullsac either great guy and great components.

Quick Reply: 2into1 pipe info or 2into2...