Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE street cannons

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 05:47 PM
Johnmc
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have them on my 2014 Street Glide. I had them on with the cats and now with the cat removed.
With the cat- not too loud nice deep rumble.
Now without the cat-awesome sound very unique. I can be quiet when cruising but if I twist the throttle the bass it produces you don't want to be the one behind me. Best of all their designed to be on only 2010 and newer only because the cat is very restrictive. When I had the slip-ons off (head pipe & cat only ) wasn't much of a difference in the sound. The Street Cannons with the cat is louder than no slip-ons installed. I know sounds strange but the Street Cannons must enhance the noise level. I have had other bikes follow me to find out what pipes I had and they all said their sold and wanted them. Some of my friends have gotten them or are getting them after they heard mine. I'm not just writing this because I own them and I'm talking them up if you put these on your bike especially w/o the cat you will be very pleased. To make it better it has a stamp on them saying they are legal in all 50 states. Their loud enough that I also carry the paperwork that explains the legality of the pipes. Police will probably still look at me like I have two heads but it's worth a shot. If I see the police I just back off on the throttle and they won't be too loud. I can be quiet enough as to not **** off my neighbors early in the am.
Sorry this was so long. Hope it helps.

Old 03-19-2015, 10:41 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnmc
I have them on my 2014 Street Glide. I had them on with the cats and now with the cat removed.
With the cat- not too loud nice deep rumble.
Now without the cat-awesome sound very unique. I can be quiet when cruising but if I twist the throttle the bass it produces you don't want to be the one behind me. Best of all their designed to be on only 2010 and newer only because the cat is very restrictive. When I had the slip-ons off (head pipe & cat only ) wasn't much of a difference in the sound. The Street Cannons with the cat is louder than no slip-ons installed. I know sounds strange but the Street Cannons must enhance the noise level. I have had other bikes follow me to find out what pipes I had and they all said their sold and wanted them. Some of my friends have gotten them or are getting them after they heard mine. I'm not just writing this because I own them and I'm talking them up if you put these on your bike especially w/o the cat you will be very pleased. To make it better it has a stamp on them saying they are legal in all 50 states. Their loud enough that I also carry the paperwork that explains the legality of the pipes. Police will probably still look at me like I have two heads but it's worth a shot. If I see the police I just back off on the throttle and they won't be too loud. I can be quiet enough as to not **** off my neighbors early in the am.
Sorry this was so long. Hope it helps.
I'm glad you like your pipes! But - I have to say you are the exception. I'm running Street Cannons with the stock headpipe on my '14 Limited. I started to consider going with a different headpipe to eliminate the CAT, so I did some searching here & found out that most folks who tried that did not like the results. Most of what I read said they got way loud - which might not have been an issue for some - but that they also had a poor tone to them.

I guess that isn't hard to understand; HD would want mufflers that sound their best while keeping everything "legal", and that would be through the CAT first. I decided to keep my CAT; on a wet head the bike will be a little cooler than an air cooled anyway, & I really love the way the bike sounds now. If I can find a combination of a catless headpipe & muffler that sounds like Street Cannons with a cat I might jump on it. I've heard rumor that the S&S Power Tune Dual exhaust header & a set of their touring mufflers might be an option; I'd like to find a set to listen to.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:46 AM
bobx67
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI - emblems popped right off. carefully pried them off last night. 3 small holes from the pins but i like that better than the big chrome script.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:09 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,473 Likes on 2,475 Posts

I have SE pipes; they are Street something, not sure if Cannons or Performance. I bought them for the looks, & because they sounded great on YouTube. They sound like stock, only deeper, but they look GREAT!

Attached Thumbnails SE street cannons-ripeast2.jpg