Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

P

Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
Road Master
Bill O'Mahoney
Default SE street cannons

Does anybody out there in Harley Land have a pair, Street Cannons, that is ?
I assume that most of us have a "Pair."
Sound OK ?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:12 PM

ttttt
Old 12-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Road Master

I would like to hear and see a set of these too. I'm thinking SE Ventilator air cleaner and the Street Cannons. Breath a little nicer and not be too loud. I'm kinda liking my quite bike.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Hang Around

I snatched a pair on Black Friday and I can say that I am very pleased. I have stock header with cats and the mufflers have a nice low rumble at idle. When you open it up they sound real throaty. For guys out there with extended warranties these are for you. When you upgrade to stage 2 it will not void your warranty as long as you stay with HD parts.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Extreme HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtucker916 View Post
I snatched a pair on Black Friday and I can say that I am very pleased. I have stock header with cats and the mufflers have a nice low rumble at idle. When you open it up they sound real throaty. For guys out there with extended warranties these are for you. When you upgrade to stage 2 it will not void your warranty as long as you stay with HD parts.
not necessarily true. depends on the dealer. some dealers will warranty everything, as long as they do the installation. other dealers will not warranty any of it, especially if it is screamin eagle stuff with the crossed flags (off road use only)...... then you fall into the situation of having a good dealer where you are, but you break down 3 states away. what now?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:55 AM
Senior Rider

I have them on my 13 road king classic. They sound good at idle and when your cobbing on it they sound real good. at cruise speed they are fairly quiet. there is a pretty big difference in these and my old rush 1.75 slip ons. I decided to go with these because I just get tired of the noise after a day on my bike, and me and the wife can hold a conversation alot better if we need to. I have noticed my fishtail tips came loose once and there was a gap between the pipe and tip and they sagged just a little, I retightened them and I hope it doesnt happen again. The parts guy tells me they will sound a little better in 5000 miles so I guess we will see. I like them and Im glad I put them on
Old 12-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Senior Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo.Rob View Post
I have them on my 13 road king classic. They sound good at idle and when your cobbing on it they sound real good. at cruise speed they are fairly quiet. there is a pretty big difference in these and my old rush 1.75 slip ons. I decided to go with these because I just get tired of the noise after a day on my bike, and me and the wife can hold a conversation alot better if we need to. I have noticed my fishtail tips came loose once and there was a gap between the pipe and tip and they sagged just a little, I retightened them and I hope it doesnt happen again. The parts guy tells me they will sound a little better in 5000 miles so I guess we will see. I like them and Im glad I put them on
I too have a 2013 Road King.
I'm looking to put slip ons as well.
Where did you purchase them and what was the price ?
and did u install them yourself ?

IT IS BETTER TO HAVE TRIED AND FAILED,
THEN TO NEVER HAVE TRIED AT ALL.
2013 - 110th Anniversary Road king.
4" rinehart mufflers,Arlen ness inverted air cleaner , T T S Master tuner. 80 H. P. - 94 pounds TQ. solo mustang seat,combo tack and speedo, and some crome here and there.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo.Rob View Post
Are you saying the 1.75 slip ons were louder than the SE Cannons?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 AM
Hang Around
Default SE Cannon's

So has anyone taken any pics or videos of what the SE Cannon's sound and look like?

I am interested in putting them on my 2012 SG
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Outstanding HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSG103 View Post
So has anyone taken any pics or videos of what the SE Cannon's sound and look like?

I am interested in putting them on my 2012 SG
Ditto! I've been looking for a sound file also. I have well broken in stock pipes (17,000+ miles) and wonder how the Cannons compare to the stockers.

2011 Road King Classic in Psychedelic Purple and Vivid Black. Stage 1 with SE Street Cannons.
2008 Sportster 1200 Custom-Gone but not forgotten.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 AM

P