Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cell phone stolen off bike tonight and recovered!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 10:15 PM
waternut
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cell phone stolen off bike tonight and recovered!

Stopped in at Walmart tonight to buy toys for tomorrow's Toys For Tots ride and parked right up front. I accidentally left my brand new Galaxy SIII phone on my tank in the Harley tank case. Soon as I got in the door at Walmart I realized I had left my phone. I immediately went back to my bike and the phone, Harley case and cable to connect it to the radio were gone. Fortunately had just installed the Real Time GPS Tracker app on my phone and tracked it to the house where my phone was using my wife's phone. Guess the thief heard my bike and saw the police circle the block and got scared. I actually found the phone in the bushes outside the house. The police are going to return to the house tomorrow since no one would come to the door. They are hoping they will bust someone who has been breaking into cars at that Walmart since the house is so close. Everyone needs to have this app for any Android phone. Find My IPhone app works very well for the IPhone also.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:24 PM
EC Rider
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow. Gotta love today's technology! I'm going to see if that app is available on my Droid right now! Glad you got your phone back, but too bad you didn't get to thump the low life that took it. Of course, you do know where he lives...

Old 12-01-2012, 10:29 PM
rbferg
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta hate a thief! Awesome that you recovered your phone. I have the iPhone app installed, hope I never need it!

Old 12-01-2012, 10:31 PM
2AMGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,492 Likes on 1,604 Posts

It is amazing just how quickly an object can "disappear".

Several years ago I stopped in at Home Depot to pick up a few things and when I checked out I pulled my chain wallet out of my back pocket to get my credit card and I remember noting that my phone was on my belt.

When I got to my truck and open the tailgate to put my stuff in the bed of my truck I noticed that I had lost my cell phone.
I walked directly back to the counter to where I had paid for my merchandise (looking for my phone as I walked) and my cell phone was no where to be found!

I wasn't as worried about the old phone as I was the access to my number since I had never "locked out" the phone.

I called my phone number many times that day before de-activating the service and no one ever answered it and the no outbound calls were made on that phone.

Glad that you had protection and was able to retrieve your new phone.
Hopefully the cops will be able to put some heat on the folks who snatched it.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Hope you remembered to get the toy for a tot. Glad you found your phone. Wish I would have known about that app before I lost my Samsung Galaxy Sll.

Merry Christmas

Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 PM
deuceriderusa
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default cell phone stolen ....

All it takes is a few seconds. No doubt the scum was hiding nearby waiting for an opportunity to rip off somebody. Glad you found it.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Keith50
Cruiser

I just installed app It's about 3 miles off tracking my phone

Old 12-01-2012, 11:41 PM
waternut
Cruiser
Default Real Time GPS Tracking

Hey Keith50, your GPS may be turned off on your phone and the app is trying to triangulate your location using the nearest cell tower. Mine put me within 3 feet of my lost phone. Try turning on the GPS on the phone.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Keith50
Cruiser

Will do waternut

Old 12-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is great that you have your phone back so soon. It amazes me that technology has come this far. It is, however, sad to see that the scumbags are also amazed by that technology and are, un-like us, not willing to work for it.

Quick Reply: Cell phone stolen off bike tonight and recovered!