Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sert vs tts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:45 PM
DBLX
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Sert vs tts?

I have a 2009 SG and I'm looking to purchase a tuner. From my research, Mastertune use to manufacture the SERT. Is it worth the extra green to go w/ the TTS instead of the SERT? Advantages disadvantages of either?

Old 12-14-2012, 08:56 PM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts

****!

Old 12-14-2012, 11:05 PM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Advantages are that you can easily tune the bike yourself with the tts. I had it on my dyna and I fine tuned the tune better than when I had it dyno tuned. Also the tts allows you to use the tuner on 2 bikes. Just have to pay for another license. I was an idiot. When I traded my dyna in I gave the dealer my tts. I shoulda kept it and just bought the extra license saving me from buying another on for this bike.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:19 AM
bikertrashchad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TTS for me. I had the stealership use a SERT on my Dyna after the engine rebuild and I run a TTS on the Street Glide. Love the software interface and ease of use.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:37 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When I bought my TTS, my brother also wanted to tune his bike. We actually purchased a "two bike tuner" for the price of a one bike SERTPRO. So for us it was much cheeper.

Both are great tuners and have the capability to get you to the same tune. The TTS is more user friendly and has a few more options.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:42 AM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

SERT no longer exists for the late model bikes. It's now the SE Pro Super Tuner. Had two of these. Unless you have a local guy who really knows what the hell he is doing with the SEPST, go with the TTS (which is the original SERT). I personally will never get another SEPST, I'd go with a Power Commander V before I'd do SEPST again. There are precious few mechanics that are really good tuning a SEPST in my experience.

Old 12-15-2012, 06:46 AM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A good tuner can tune well with SERTPRO, TTS, or any of the name brand tuners

Old 12-15-2012, 07:24 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

There's not a dimes worth of difference between tuning the TTS or SEPST. They both have auto tune now and unless the latest TTS has improved their graphics, the SEPST has way superior graphics to view. The biggest benefit with the TTS is that you can change speedo settings for different gearing or tire sizes.

Last edited by scj; 12-15-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:22 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by scj
There's not a dimes worth of difference between tuning the TTS or SEPST. They both have auto tune now and unless the latest TTS has improved their graphics, the SEPST has way superior graphics to view. The biggest benefit with the TTS is that you can change speedo settings for different gearing or tire sizes.
Remember you can only tune 1 bike with the harley tuners as uposed to the TTS where you can buy 2 licenses. So thats a difference.

Old 12-15-2012, 08:46 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by pontiac69
Remember you can only tune 1 bike with the harley tuners as uposed to the TTS where you can buy 2 licenses. So thats a difference.
Good point!

Quick Reply: Sert vs tts?