Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My FuelMoto, Power Vision story (kinda long)

Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 AM
Varooom
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default My FuelMoto, Power Vision story (kinda long)

August of 07 I get my 08 Roadglide and do a stage 1 with a 2-1 pipe and SE heavy breather air cleaner. I get a SE race tuner from my local HD dealer and they tune it. Runs good, 75/85 with mid 40s milage. A nice running 96"

Winter of 09 I need more power. I do a 103" with Wood 6-6 cams and stock heads. I go back to the same dealer with my race tuner and he tunes it to 102/110. Low 40s milage, runs great.

Winter of 2011, I see FuelMoto's 107" kit is making good power and I have the itch again so I build a FM 107 with Woods 777 cams and stock heads. I go to my local dealer again to get it tuned. The guy that did my previous tunes is no longer there. The new guy says he can tune it with the race tuner but if I really wanted to get everything out of the motor I needed to buy the pro tuner. I did not want to buy another tuner ( I thought the race tuner did a great job) but thought I had to because he obvously did not know the race tuner.
So I get the pro tuner and he tunes it. Gets 105/115. Not much better than my 103". I ride it home and am not happy.
The bike surges, and has a "hunting" idle.
After about a week I put the 103 tune with the race tuner back in the bike and it runs pretty good. I leave it this way untill............

Spring of 2012 I decide to send my heads to FM for the Level B headwork, raise compression, and have my throtle body ported. I am not going to my local dealer for another tune, just a wast of time and money. Since I have this pro tuner I played around with it and got the bike running fairly well. I used a map for a SE110 with stage 1. A couple of auto tune sessions and it was running pretty good. No dyno numbers but the butt dyno said it was quicker than the 107 with 103 map.

Winter 2012, its time to get this thing tuned properly. I call FuelMoto and order a Power Vision with the wide band o2 sensors. FM pre loads it with a map for a 107, B level heads, ported TB, Woods 777s and 10.5-1 compression.
I load the map last night and go out for a spin.

Whoooobaby. I have been riding HDs for over 30 years. I never realized a touring bike could be this quick. I punched it hard in second gear at about 3k and thought the clutch was slipping. It was not, the back tire was spinning and smoking. I have not done any autotune sessions yet but I plan to this week. Then I will take to my local dealer and put it on the dyno for some numbers, but I will not let them touch the tune.
I am expecting close to what FM gets out of this package which is about 120/125.
We shall see in about a week.

Two things I learned:
1. Fuel Moto rocks ( not a shamefull plug, just the truth)
2. It does not matter what kind of tuner you have. What matters is how well the person tuning can use that specific tuner.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

Varooom

Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Varooom

It does not matter what kind of tuner you have. What matters is how well the person tuning can use that specific tuner.

Varooom
+ 1 on that.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

August of 07 I get my 08 Roadglide and do a stage 1 with a 2-1 pipe and SE heavy breather air cleaner. I get a SE race tuner from my local HD dealer and they tune it. Runs good, 75/85 with mid 40s milage. A nice running 96"

Winter of 09 I need more power. I do a 103" with Wood 6-6 cams and stock heads. I go back to the same dealer with my race tuner and he tunes it to 102/110. Low 40s milage, runs great.

Winter of 2011, I see FuelMoto's 107" kit is making good power and I have the itch again so I build a FM 107 with Woods 777 cams and stock heads. I go to my local dealer again to get it tuned. The guy that did my previous tunes is no longer there. The new guy says he can tune it with the race tuner but if I really wanted to get everything out of the motor I needed to buy the pro tuner. I did not want to buy another tuner ( I thought the race tuner did a great job) but thought I had to because he obvously did not know the race tuner.
So I get the pro tuner and he tunes it. Gets 105/115. Not much better than my 103". I ride it home and am not happy.
After about a week I put the 103 tune with the race tuner back in the bike and it runs pretty good. I leave it this way untill............

Spring of 2012 I decide to send my heads to FM for the Level B headwork, raise compression, and have my throtle body ported. I am not going to my local dealer for another tune, just a wast of time and money. Since I have this pro tuner I played around with it and got the bike running fairly well. I used a map for a SE110 with stage 1. A couple of auto tune sessions and it was running pretty good. No dyno numbers but the butt dyno said it was quicker than the 107 with 103 map.

Winter 2012, its time to get this thing tuned properly. I call FuelMoto and order a Power Vision with the wide band o2 sensors. FM pre loads it with a map for a 107, B level heads, ported TB, Woods 777s and 10.5-1 compression.

Whoooobaby. I have been riding HDs for over 30 years. I never realized a touring bike could be this quick. I punched it hard in second gear at about 3k and thought the clutch was slipping. It was not, the back tire was spinning and smoking. I have not done any autotune sessions yet but I plan to this week. Then I will take to my local dealer and put it on the dyno for some numbers, but I will not let them touch the tune.
I am expecting close to what FM gets out of this package which is about 120/125.

Two things I learned:
2. It does not matter what kind of tuner you have. What matters is how well the person tuning can use that specific tuner.

Varooom
Thanks for sharing! You put a big smile on my face when you said you thought the clutch was slipping but it was just the back tire smokin! That sounds fun! I have a Fuelmoto PV as well and I love their customer service. I am using a map pre-installed by them for my Fatcat stage 1 on my 110 it runs SMOOTH and HARD. Looking forward to fine tuning it in the spring

Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 69,845 Likes on 21,296 Posts

WOWOW!!
Sounds lke it will be BIG NUMBERS..
I'm impressed!!

Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Great write-up and definitely watch the Right-hand twisting w/your new set-up. Liable to smoke the belt + tire right off your scoot - ZOOM!

Old 12-28-2012, 10:06 AM
1sweetglide08
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting...want to follow this thread. I already have the PV, V&H's ProPipe, Rolands Sand air cleaner with SE 255. Happy, but want more...thinking of FM 107.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:17 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Two things I learned:

Varooom
Thank you for the great feedback and support!

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-28-2012, 12:34 PM
stro1965
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 701 Likes on 349 Posts

I want that 107 kit in a bad way! Already have the PV.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:41 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome write up. It does feel good when the tune is on, enjoy your ride.

Last edited by mgmmgm; 12-28-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:42 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Two things I learned:

Varooom

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My FuelMoto, Power Vision story (kinda long)