Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cargo Craft enclosed trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 01:53 AM
Beags
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cargo Craft enclosed trailer?

Does anyone have any experience with Cargo Craft enclosed trailers? I'm looking at a 7x12 single axle enclosed motorcycle trailer and can not find any reviews on it. And yes I would rather ride it then haul it but no matter how hard I try I cannot fit all 4 of us in my family on it. So I figured the next best thing when taking the bike/family back home for vacation is an enclosed trailer. So if you have any experience with this brand of trailer please let me know. Thank you in advance.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:06 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

dont let anybody hate on you, a trailer is a great addition. you can ride while the OL drives the kids and trailer. when you feel like stopping or if you break down, boom theres a trailer.

we just got a dual axle, vee nose in black and diamond plate with a 3' side door. It fits 4 touring bikes or 2 touring bikes plus a sporty and room for gear, luggage, tools, and spare parts.

cargo craft is a decent brand, just make sure you get LED lights and trailer brakes will save your truck/suv brakes

check craigslist too

Old 12-29-2012, 05:18 AM
Beags
Intermediate

Oh I am not letting anyone hate on me I just know the reaction people get when anyone asks about a trailer. I was told by the dealer/salesman that he didn't recommend trailer brakes on this trailer do to the fact that it is only a single axle, which has a tendency to lockup the tires more then not leaving flat spot on the tires. It will also have LED's.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:23 AM
Roy D Route
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would look at tandem axle trailers before you go for this one. Cost is always a factor in a purchase like this, I know. But the extra cost can get you trailer brakes and piece of mind knowing a flat tire will be much less of a drama. I take the family on trips too. Wife and kids visit with relatives while I explore the good roads in the area. Whichever way you go, getting in riding time that you would otherwise miss makes trailering a great option.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:23 AM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Roy D Route
I would look at tandem axle trailers before you go for this one. Cost is always a factor in a purchase like this, I know. But the extra cost can get you trailer brakes and piece of mind knowing a flat tire will be much less of a drama. I take the family on trips too. Wife and kids visit with relatives while I explore the good roads in the area. Whichever way you go, getting in riding time that you would otherwise miss makes trailering a great option.
Yup,tandem axle for sure.
To have a 7x12 with a bunch of weight in it and with no brakes, is not for me and don't recommend it.
Look at these..I'd love one of these aluminum trailers.
http://neotrailers.com/products_trailers_nam.php
Looked at these in person and was impressed with the quality. As soon as i can sell my 5x8, which is to small for my bike, i'll get me this trailer.

Last edited by Pete6114; 12-29-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:33 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

...what salesman are you talking to? trailer brakes are controlled by a brake controller located in the cab that you adjust... so locking up the tires only happens when you have the brakes set too high

but dual axles definitely rocks if you can swing it

Old 12-29-2012, 10:36 AM
Beags
Intermediate

Well I just talked to my trailer guy and he thinks I can get the trailer with these added option for about $1k more, 3 foot v nose, extended from 12' to 14' and tandem axle. I'm thinking that this might be a pretty good deal and the price of the trailer with these additional option should be around $4,400-$4,500.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 AM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Try to stay away from a particle board or shall I say Fall Apart Board for the floors! My Wells Cargo is made of 1/2 inch real wood that I fully Diamond Plated for extra durability & protection.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 AM
peddler
Club Member
Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by risuperglidecustomman
Try to stay away from a particle board or shall I say Fall Apart Board for the floors! My Wells Cargo is made of 1/2 inch real wood that I fully Diamond Plated for extra durability & protection.

risuperglidecustomman: did you diamond plate the bottom of the floor or the top. May seem like a stupid question but trailer floors tend to fail from the bottom up due to exposure to the road environment.

stupid_rope is spot on. The only reason wheels lock up are poorly adjusted brakes or bearing failure. Has nothing to do with single or double axle.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Johnny103ci
Cruiser

Originally Posted by risuperglidecustomman
Does the diamond plate get slippery? I am thinking of doing mine.

Quick Reply: Cargo Craft enclosed trailer?