Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > Touring Models
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by: Fuel Moto USA

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 01-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Hang Around
Cool Woods 222 or Tman 555 torqster?

I own a 2012 street glide with a D D fat cat, Thundermaxx and Zippers hi flow air cleaner. Ride mostly one up back roads and the interstate I love the pull when you take off but want the cam that I pick to run out nicely on the high way. I usually run past 5000 rpms on the highway and dont think much about it at all. Will add lifters and of course pushroods to the build.
Not sure which would be the better bolt in choice? The woods 222 or the Tman 555 torqster. I am between the two.Opinions???

Last edited by Anthony Vazquez; 01-09-2013 at 03:34 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 05:10 AM
One Of The Regulars

I was considering the same two grinds and went with the 222. Should be arriving today. Sounds like our riding styles are similar. Don't know what your time frame to buy is...i won't have mine in for a couple weeks but will report back when i do. I don't think you can go wrong with either cam
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 AM
Senior Rider

Looking at the specs the tman cam has a power band slightly higher in the rpm. Very slightly, it is similar to the Andrews 57h.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Woods 222 IMHO

If gun regulation is the solution for violence, then we should consider forming a federal agency to regulate food and drugs to solve obesity and drug addiction as well.

Cheerleader uniforms donít cause teen pregnancy, and guns donít cause violence.

Leave liberty alone.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:35 AM
Outstanding HDF Member
mark momb

The TW -222 will definitely make an improvement over stock cams. I had the SE 255 cams in from day one and ran 10,000 miles one them, TW 222's made a night and day difference.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 AM
Ultimate HDF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Vazquez View Post
I usually run past 5000 rpms on the highway and dont think much about it at all. Will add lifters and of course pushroods to the build.
Not sure which would be the better bolt in choice? The woods 222 or the Tman 555 torqster. I am between the two.Opinions???
I assume that you are referring to a shift point when you say "I usually run past 5000 rpms on the highway and dont think much about it at all". I don't think you can go wrong with either but the TMan 555 has a later intake close which will shift the power curve a bit to the right which would be more compatible with your riding style. Give up a bit on the low end but pick up a bit in the top end. JMHO, however, I have run three of TMans cams in bigger bore builds and must say that I am a fan.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Elite HDF Member

If ya are really running 5k+, I think ya ought to forget the 222 and at least add the andrews 57h and woods 555 to the list.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Road Master

I'm trying to figure it out too. when they describe the way the 222 works is by delaying the valve opening so it kinda creates more compression which is a great torque producing feature for lower rpm ranges. If I were shifting above 5000 rpm I dont think this would be my first choice on cams and if I had a high compression engine I think I would go to another cam too.
The good thing is that there are so many cams out there that you can just about buy one that is an exact match to your riding style, engine build and your wants.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 AM

P