Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle Slip-ons baffles?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 12:15 PM
Cowracer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Screamin Eagle Slip-ons baffles?

When I got my bike, I had the dealer install the SE slipon mufflers (P/N 65259-00) with the slash cut end caps.

I was just wondering if these had removeable baffles. My buddy got some 'Rush' pipes at the dealer for his 04 Dyna, and they have removeable baffles, and he swears mine should too. If they do, I dont see how they can come out.

Any help?

Tim

Old 02-06-2007, 12:18 PM
JamieCarr
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Screamin Eagle Slip-ons baffles?

Not really,...but I removed mine!

Dremmell tool,.....cut the 3 welds that hold them in. (remove the slip ons from bike)

The stick a pipe in the small end and beat like hell! They are wedged in tight,.....but they do let go after abit of beating!

Go in from the back >large end ,...and you can see the 3 welds.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So, are you wanting to remove the baffles for increased sound, or performance?

I am thinking of getting these same pipes, but haven't spent the time at the local dealer to hear them yet. Would appreciate your input.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:30 PM
BB06FLHX
Road Warrior

I have the SE slipons on my bike. There was three screws that hold the end caps on. These also hold the baffles in as well.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member

There is some confusion here that I can help to straighten out, but I can't help you with your baffle question.
The 65259-00 slip ons are not a SE item. They are the HD Touring mufflers. Nowhere on them will you find the SE logo.
To the uninitiated they look just like the now discontinued SE Touring slipons, ****** -98Bs. Both are 2 piecers. That is, they both use billet tips, but the tips are not interchangeable.
The way to tell 'em apart is to look at the screws holding the tips on. The SEs have tips that are held on with three round-headed screws that sit proud of the mufflers when in place. The HD Touring slipon tip uses a fitment ring that slips onto the tip first, and is secured by three hex-head screws that sit flush to the muffler surface in larger counter-sunk holes on the muffler.
The tips and mufflers have different diameters.
The SE slipons are far louder than the HD mufflers. Technically, the HDs are 49 state legal, SEs are not.

There are a lot of folks on this site who have the SEs, very few have the HD Touring slipons.
I have the HD ones. They have a bit more bite than the stockers, but not quite as offensive as the 98Bs IMO.
I have about 10K miles on mine and they are considerably louder than they were when I first put them on.

CN

Old 02-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Cowracer
Tourer

Many thanks for that info.

I looked my bike over, and my muffs do indeed say 'Screaming Eagle' onthem and the screws for the endcap match your description.

So then if BB06FLHX is right, then I could remove the baffles by removing the endcaps...

I'm not planning on doing it (yet), but I would like to settle the argument I am having with the guy at work.

Tim

Old 02-19-2007, 05:14 PM
cbrunson
Tourer

I don’t think you will like the sound with the baffles out. IMO. I pulled mine out and put them back in because it sounded like fire crackers in a tin can when I let off the throttle. It also lost a lot of bottom end. Keep in mind the Dyna’s pipes are shorter and on the side. Every one I ride with says mine is just as loud as the others, with my SE slip ons. It just doesn’t sound as loud to me because they are low and straight out the back. They give it a unique rumble. My favorite has to be the sound from rhineharts though.