Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Driving Lights for Road Glide Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Kuryakyn Driving Lights for Road Glide Ultra

Hey everyone,

Has anyone intergrated the Kuryakyn driving light kit to the Road Glide Ultra ACC accessory switch? I read the installation instruction and would like to avoid drilling a hole into the fairing to install the toggle switch.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:56 AM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts

Wire it into the extra switch on the panel by the key switch

Old 01-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I moved the Speedometer reset switch to between the gages.
I then installed the Kuryakyn Double Switch.
It compliments the stock switches and blends in perfectly.

Attached Thumbnails Kuryakyn Driving Lights for Road Glide Ultra-09_fltr_003.jpg  
Old 01-16-2013, 08:57 PM
Toofat
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I used the ACC switch for my Kuryakyn driving lights on my Roadglide. I just splice into the orange wire coming off the ACC switch inside the fairing. My bike is a 2002 model, so I don't know if the orange wire would be the right one on yours. Just use a test light or volt meter and test the wire connectors coming from under speedo and tach cover. If this helps my orange wire is located in a black 14 pin connector with only 9 wires in it.

Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 PM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

Thanks for the great suggestions. I will check them all out and report back.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:01 PM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

Has anyone thought about or installed the switch inside one of the fairing compartments? That way it is out of sight and still frees up the ACC switch for another use.

Old 07-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

I finally got the Kuryakyn driving light kit and going to install this weekend. I am still debating where I will put the switch. I saw a RG the other morning with the light kit installed and it was very noticeable in the rear view mirror.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Oakleyrider
Cruiser

I installed the Kruyakyn light kit Friday night and ran into a few issues during the installation. This kit came with a 12 pin wiring adapter that places control of the driving lights on the accessory switch. This kit was the black version of the light kit. The first issue was discovered when everything was wired up so I could test the lights before putting everything back to together. I turned the ignition switch and accessory switch. The signal lamps worked but the driving lights did not come on. I broke out the multimeter and started checking for voltage. Yep getting 12V to the lights but no light. I checked between the bike ground (from Chassis) to the 12V supply line. Could it be possible that the bulbs are no good. Possible but not likely. I removed the left side light kit and started checking for continuity. The bulb is good. I discovered that the kit had an open ground from the ground side of the bulb to the chassis mounting bolts. This was caused by the painted mounting bracket that is bolted to the light assembly. I used a dremel tool with a wired wheel brush to remove the paint where the assembly was contacted by the washer and bolt. I put the light kit back on the bike and turn it on. The light came on. I did the same thing to the other side and now both lights are working. I will be giving Kuryakyn a call on this one. The other nagging issue was both mounting brackets bolts were about 3/16" shorter than the OEM signal lamp mounting bolts. So when you attached it to the crash bar mounts you didn't have a lot of thread exposed to start the acorn nut. Putting the outer fairing back on was a bit of a challenge too. You really need to remove the dual head lamp assembly to insure the upper outer fairing rest on the supporting brackets. It took several hours more just for the troubleshooting work involved. I also replaced the OEM head light bulb with PIAA anti-vibration Powersport Star White bulbs. It was midnight when I got everything back to together. I will test ride it tomorrow to see what adjustments I need to make on the driving lights.

Last edited by Oakleyrider; 07-20-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Keithrb
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damn lights...would appreciate some feedback

[B][B. Bought same lights...same problem. ..would appreciate some feedback. ..
Originally Posted by Oakleyrider
I installed the Kruyakyn light kit Friday night and ran into a few issues during the installation. This kit came with a 12 pin wiring adapter that places control of the driving lights on the accessory switch. This kit was the black version of the light kit. The first issue was discovered when everything was wired up so I could test the lights before putting everything back to together. I turned the ignition switch and accessory switch. The signal lamps worked but the driving lights did not come on. I broke out the multimeter and started checking for voltage. Yep getting 12V to the lights but no light. I checked between the bike ground (from Chassis) to the 12V supply line. Could it be possible that the bulbs are no good. Possible but not likely. I removed the left side light kit and started checking for continuity. The bulb is good. I discovered that the kit had an open ground from the ground side of the bulb to the chassis mounting bolts. This was caused by the painted mounting bracket that is bolted to the light assembly. I used a dremel tool with a wired wheel brush to remove the paint where the assembly was contacted by the washer and bolt. I put the light kit back on the bike and turn it on. The light came on. I did the same thing to the other side and now both lights are working. I will be giving Kuryakyn a call on this one. The other nagging issue was both mounting brackets bolts were about 3/16" shorter than the OEM signal lamp mounting bolts. So when you attached it to the crash bar mounts you didn't have a lot of thread exposed to start the acorn nut. Putting the outer fairing back on was a bit of a challenge too. You really need to remove the dual head lamp assembly to insure the upper outer fairing rest on the supporting brackets. It took several hours more just for the troubleshooting work involved. I also replaced the OEM head light bulb with PIAA anti-vibration Powersport Star White bulbs. It was midnight when I got everything back to together. I will test ride it tomorrow to see what adjustments I need to make on the driving lights.