Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Micro EFI Tuner install and review

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 05:29 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino-1
How is MPG affected with this tuner, assuming a good map with optimal flow for aftermarket headers/AC/mufflers? I'm hoping to install mine this weekend, and just want to have an idea of how much of my precious 42 MPG+ I will lose...
Im getting around 50 mpg on highway right now with mine. Runs good I think it's a bit lean up there. So I'm gonna eventually have it dyno tuned. These can be tuned just like the PC-V is just no timing change.

Batman

Old 06-26-2016, 07:24 AM
King-a-ling
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by hillcountryflt
My install did not go so well. The plugs on the tuner and those at the fuel injectors on my 2010 Harley are not compatible.
Connectors for the new tuner are rectangular.
Connectors for the stock Harley are oval.
I am hopeful the FuelMoto guys will make it right.
Lot of effort wasted. However, I did find the connectors for my batter maintainer plug were falling apart so at least they are in good shape again.
If this doesn't work out, wife liked the passenger seat on the Road Glide Ultra we saw at the dealership today.
That's odd, people with older and newer than yours with no problems making the connection. Have you tried turning them 180 degrees.

Last edited by King-a-ling; 06-26-2016 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:53 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,108 Likes on 1,340 Posts

Originally Posted by hillcountryflt
My install did not go so well. The plugs on the tuner and those at the fuel injectors on my 2010 Harley are not compatible.
Connectors for the new tuner are rectangular.
Connectors for the stock Harley are oval.
I am hopeful the FuelMoto guys will make it right.
Lot of effort wasted. However, I did find the connectors for my batter maintainer plug were falling apart so at least they are in good shape again.
If this doesn't work out, wife liked the passenger seat on the Road Glide Ultra we saw at the dealership today.
If you are trying to plug into an oval connector please note that is not the correct connector for the fuel injector, it is for the ACR. Please locate the connector directly on the injector itself, this connector is rectangle and plugs directly into the Micro Tuner. See Figure B in the attached instructions http://www.fuelmotousa.com/files/pdf.../FM-011.02.pdf

If you need any additional assistance you are welcome to contact us at 920-423-3309

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-27-2016, 12:35 PM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
If you are trying to plug into an oval connector please note that is not the correct connector for the fuel injector, it is for the ACR. Please locate the connector directly on the injector itself, this connector is rectangle and plugs directly into the Micro Tuner. See Figure B in the attached instructions http://www.fuelmotousa.com/files/pdf.../FM-011.02.pdf

If you need any additional assistance you are welcome to contact us at 920-423-3309
It appears you were correct - went home at lunch and checked. Don't know how I missed the connectors behind the ACR.

Old 06-27-2016, 06:55 PM
mikeo33y
Road Warrior
Received 114 Likes on 69 Posts

i have a micro tuner. works great and everything plugged in perfect. its been on for over a year and no issues. the only thing i dont like is there is no instructions on messing with maps on your lap top so if your not somewhat computer savvy then you might wanna search on you tube for info on this. fuel moto dosnt provide info on this. i went on a dyno jet you tube sight for info about using the laptop and software. i think that if i could turn the clocks back id go for the top of the line flash tuner that fuel moto has. no laptop needed

Old 06-27-2016, 09:35 PM
hillcountryflt
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Second time around the install went well. Delayed a little finding the wire to tap into. The purple had faded to blue. It starts and run. Only took a short ride. Still got some deceleration pop.
Just glad to get it installed.

Old 06-28-2016, 08:08 AM
talkingrock
Road Warrior
Received 421 Likes on 284 Posts

I have to give Fuelmoto two thumbs up I bought the FP3 from them it worked out great

Old 06-28-2016, 08:57 AM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by talkingrock
I have to give Fuelmoto two thumbs up I bought the FP3 from them it worked out great
FM desrves high marks for sellin top rated products and support.

Old 07-19-2016, 03:46 PM
esteboatan
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice write up and it helped me with my install.

I just emailed keith at Fuel Moto to ask a question but figured you guys might have the answer too.

I bought my unit from a fellow member on this board, had the Bassani map sent to me by fuel moto and installed it onto the tuner. I didnt get the O2 optimizers/resistors in the package when the tuner was sent. Directions mention attaching them to the wiring to prevent the error lights. Bike is a 2011 Dyna FXDC.
I dont get any error lights and I am certain I detached both O2 wires from the bike. Why would this happen? Could I have done something wrong on the install?
The bike however is running very nicely and all the decel pop has gone away when I'm shifting down the gears or letting go of the throttle so I figure the tuner is working.
Just wondering why I have no error lights showing on my dash.

Old 07-19-2016, 04:39 PM
splattttttt
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 430 Likes on 379 Posts

I'm running my bike with out the O2 sensors and have no codes. Didn't expect any since the tuner can run either way

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Micro EFI Tuner install and review