Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best kind of touring seat for '05 Road Glide

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 03:19 PM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best kind of touring seat for '05 Road Glide

Hey everyone: I am looking to trade out my stock seat on my 2005 Road Glide with one that my wife can feel comfortable on when we do some longer rides. Some swear by Air Zepplins, others Mustangs or Corbins. To those who have done some touring, what seat would be best for a two-up on my Road Glide? Want one that's comfortable but doesn't look too much like a sofa

Chaplain Wayne

Old 08-13-2005, 03:31 PM
rgerber
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Best kind of touring seat for '05 Road Glide

Hey Wayne! I don't think there's a "magic bullet" for seats. Corbin, Mustang and Zeppelin always come to the top. For us, I loved the Corbin's, my bride hated them. I've never had a stock seat that worked. Right now, the Zep works the best for both of us. Good luck in your qest and let us know what you end up with!
ORIGINAL: Chaplain Wayne

Hey everyone: I am looking to trade out my stock seat on my 2005 Road Glide with one that my wife can feel comfortable on when we do some longer rides. Some swear by Air Zepplins, others Mustangs or Corbins. To those who have done some touring, what seat would be best for a two-up on my Road Glide? Want one that's comfortable but doesn't look too much like a sofa

Chaplain Wayne

Old 08-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced

Thank you for yoru reply on the Zep seat. I will check it out and let you know what happens. I want to do some touring with my bride and take time to smell the roses without ending up with a crick in my back (or hers).

Old 08-13-2005, 03:57 PM
rgerber
Road Master

ebay has one: http://search.ebay.com/zeppelin-seat_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

Old 08-13-2005, 04:45 PM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced

Thank you for your reply. I will check it out on ebay and take a look. Appreciate all your help!

Old 08-13-2005, 09:09 PM
spartns
Road Master

The above is good info. However, the sundowner, comfort stich or pillow are great seats for a lot less money than the Zep or Mustang. I've got the Sundowner on my RKC. I had a Mustang on my last bike, it was very comfy. The sundowner will let me ride all day with no problems. My .02

Chris

Old 08-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced

Dear Spartns:

Thank you for your help. I will look at the Sundowner. I am doing research now and will hopefully find the best fit for us before we do too much riding.

Chaplain Wayne

Old 08-13-2005, 10:28 PM
pilot1996
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

I have two seats now...the Corbin for me, the Air Zep for the wife. I don't like the way the Air Zep looks, it's HUGE. But, my wife's fanny likes it, so I like it too. When we go on trips, I take off my shorty windshield and Corbin, I put on the full size stock windshield and Air Zep.

Mac

Old 08-14-2005, 12:00 AM
teach
Cruiser

Wayne, I've been running a stock HD pillow for a few years on my RoadGlide, but during a recent trip I found myself sitting on the pan (time for a replacement). I picked up a Sundowner which is a great seat. I've done a couple 800 mile days without a complaint, but my wife has a "pillow only" butt. So I picked up an Air Hawk for the passenger seat area, she loves it. So I get a seat that doesn't look like a blimp, can ride all day on, and she gets her pillow top with the AirHawk. All parties happy, he he. I did loook at the Zepplin but its just way to bulky looking for my taste.
If you like the stock seat your riding on you could just pick up the AirHawk. Regardless the Sundowner runs about $300 cheaper if you can find one on ebay. The AirHawk large passenger pillion pad runs around $139-$169. There is a guy that sells the Air Hawks on ebay occasionally at a discounted price.

Hope this helps.......... T

Old 08-14-2005, 12:43 AM
Chaplain Wayne
Advanced

Thank you for the directions on the Air Hawk and the Sundowner tips. I too may need to get a couple of seats: one for running around and antoher for the long trips. But the Sundowner and the Air Hawk sounds like a cozy combination that be my wife and I should be happy with. Happy riding! I'll let you know what I come up with!

Quick Reply: Best kind of touring seat for '05 Road Glide