Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daytona Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:20 PM
im
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 792 Likes on 603 Posts

1-Do not speed, rev the motor or decide not to come to a complete stop.
2-When riding later in the afternoon and especially at night remember that there is a high probability that the people riding their bikes near you are impaired (just be alert).
3-If camping in a tent just remember that the people returning at 3 am are sometimes riding next to your tent impaired (position tent in safe spot).
4-Avoid use of blue lights on your motorcycle and remember green may sometimes look like blue.
Gives the officer a reason to conduct late night stop.
5-Be ready for RAIN with a $2 poncho from Walmart camping dept. Fits very easily in back pocket. When it rains as you are walking or at the track it is great. Purchase before arrival.
6-Take cash.
7-Be ready for cold,hot or rainy weather or all of the above in the same day.
8-Consider a cheap 20-$25 walmart cover for your bike. Draws less attention to bike when parked overnight and bike stays dry.
9-In regards to theft: just usual precautions with overnight parking with ignition , forks,disc lock and maybe cable lock with the cheap bike cover.
10-Mentioned before: open container is a big deal and a walk away plastic/paper cup as you step away from the bar is obvious with the officer standing across the street.
11-Understand helmet law..This usually comes into play when someone decides to challenge authority and then everything gets thrown at them pipes, non-dot lights, registration, endorsement etc.
Here is a link but basically all riders on the vehicle need to prove $10,000 of medical payment..rarely ever enforced in my opinion at any time unless someone creates a problem.
http://abateflorida.com/helmet-law-faq.php

Last edited by im; 01-29-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:14 PM
nickel dime
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm yet another noob going for the first time. Heading down with 4 other bikes that have also never been there. Thinking about taking a cable and pad locking all the bikes together over night. Plus I need to secure my bags better before then. Either way I'm ready to get the hell out of here for a while.

Thanks for all of your tips on do's and dont's

Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM
CM22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To do:

1) Ride
2) Limpnickie Lot
3) Destination Daytona
4) Iron Horse
5) Burnout pit in Iron Horse - then buy new tires (edit- I forgot this is the Touring forum - watch the burnout pit anyways)
6) Daytona speedway
7) Main Street
8) They have a huge swap meet out past the racetrack

Don't:
1) Get arrested

Last edited by CM22; 01-29-2013 at 02:28 PM.