Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide or Road King?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Dakotazeb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Street Glide or Road King?

I'm thinking about a new Harley and if I pull the trigger I just can't decide whether I want a Street Glide or the 110th Anniversary Road King. Previously I've owned 3 Road Kings and 1 Ultra Classic. Preferred the Road Kings as I didn't care for the extra bulk of the fairing and tour pak on the Ultra. However I don't get the same feeling on the Street Glide as I did the Ultra. Just wish Harley had some better color options on the SG. Guess that's why the 110th RK is tripping my trigger a little. I know this is really a personal issue but would sure like to hear some opinions. If I go with the SG I'd probably get it in Midnight Pearl.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:32 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

It's hard to beat the Road King.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 PM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

Buy the Ultra and then make the tour pack removeable. Then you would have the colors you want in the Ultra a great stereo and the ability to put the tour pack on if you wanted it.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

If you don't want or need the stereo. Get the Road King.

You can always add a detachable fairing down the line if you want tunes or the extra protection. Some guys who add the fairing say then never take it off. I am a RK owner that only uses the detachable for long distance touring or very cold weather. Less than 10% of the time. The flexibility is great.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:40 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Deosn't hurt to try something new. The SG does feel less confined than the Ultra, so I think that will help. The SG is on a shorter shock, which provides a firmer ride.

I think the big difference between the two bikes is the chrome of the RK vs the clean minimalist look of the SG. If the minimalist look is the reason you are attracted to the SG, then I would suggest the SG. If however it's the Utra without the tourpack and lower fairing that attracts you, then you are better off getting the Ultra Classic and taking off the TP. Or sticking with the RK.

Beary

Old 01-23-2013, 01:49 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

I'm a windshield guy, not a fairing guy. So my vote is for the Road King.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 PM
JerryW
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

My rental guy made me take out a street glide, being the best seller, I liked it, like the tunes, don't care for the fairing so went with the Road King, that Midnight Pearl was my choice until I got the 110th ann. Road King.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Ride em both and buy whichever makes YOU feel the best. All you are going to get here is ppl telling you what they like which may be different then what you like. Good luck in your decision.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:52 PM
risuperglidecustomman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm partial to the Batwing Faring, the clean look & tunes so Glide is the way to go for me!

Old 01-23-2013, 02:57 PM
weybar77
Advanced

Many people say the road king is so much more comfy then the street glide...Personally I dont think theres a touring bike out there yet that beats the street glides looks overall...Your choice..Both are top notch

Quick Reply: Street Glide or Road King?