Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ugly oil cooler hoses

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:39 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ugly oil cooler hoses

I just installed my 09 Harley oil cooler, it looks nice except for the black rubber hoses that covers my chrome voltage regulator cover.
The two hoses cover right over the regulator, makes it look stupid.
Anyone out there have a better idea?
I think I"m stuck with this setup!

Old 01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
collin
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 AM
shakrr
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you are stuck with the rubber hose's, unless you put a SS cover over them I think summit or jegs sells it. The looks of all that is why I went with a oil bud unit pricey but can only see the SS braided lines going to the unit

Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 AM
79289Chase
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the frame is the same 09+ why can't the nicer coolers from like the '11+ with the nice shields be installed on our older 09s? My 09 has the add on cooler and I hate the looks compared to a stock cooler on an '11+.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:31 AM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chase, the Harley parts guys said it wouldn't fit the 09, tried to go that route.

Looked at the JEGS solution too, looks like the braided lines will rub on the voltage regulator and rub off the chrome. If I'm wrong, then I will go the Jeg's solution.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:51 AM
collin
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is another site with nice clamp covers

http://www.scootersperformance.com/z...oducts_id=1114

Old 01-25-2013, 08:16 AM
pauly3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My '11 doesn't have a cover but my buddies '12 and bro-in-law's '13 does...

I have thought about getting the chrome one for like 40 but I'm not sure yet!

Sorry I don't address your question about the hoses but I agree steel braided would be a WHOLE lot nicer!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM
petewerner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by shakrr
I think you are stuck with the rubber hose's, unless you put a SS cover over them I think summit or jegs sells it. The looks of all that is why I went with a oil bud unit pricey but can only see the SS braided lines going to the unit
I am REALLYinterested in the Oil Bud cooler for my bike. I have the factory one, but I really need more cooling then I get from it. I run higher compression and is Built Stage IV Race Kit 103" and with it tuned with the idea of good fueling across the entire range, and it runs fast and really smooth as HD motors go. Great, til the ambient temps get over the 100* mark, it starts to ping slightly and then the computer adjusts the fueling to not ping. I think if Bud's cooler works as described, then I could ride in hot weather without worrying about pinging...
I would love to hear ow it compares to stock, and how clean and hidden the install actually is with a pic or two!!!!!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 AM
batman4706
Tourer
Default Cooling

Originally Posted by petewerner
I am REALLYinterested in the Oil Bud cooler for my bike. I have the factory one, but I really need more cooling then I get from it. I run higher compression and is Built Stage IV Race Kit 103" and with it tuned with the idea of good fueling across the entire range, and it runs fast and really smooth as HD motors go. Great, til the ambient temps get over the 100* mark, it starts to ping slightly and then the computer adjusts the fueling to not ping. I think if Bud's cooler works as described, then I could ride in hot weather without worrying about pinging...
I would love to hear ow it compares to stock, and how clean and hidden the install actually is with a pic or two!!!!!

Get the FCS, read the TC cooling story on the site. The FCS makes a huge difference.

He's a forum member and there is a thread on it that is over 300 pages long.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 AM
senna
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

How bout, a black voltage regulator.

Quick Reply: Ugly oil cooler hoses