Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True-Track FINALLY installed!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 05:58 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default True-Track FINALLY installed!!

We've got a rainy weekend here in So.Cal, so I FINALLY found some time to install the True-Track! Now I'm just ITCHIN' to get out there and give it a run. Damn rain!! LOL!!

Thank you JimmyDee for all your help and GRBrown for your thread regarding the wobble, your recommendations, and for answering extra questions for me via PM. This forum is the best!!

Old 01-26-2013, 06:17 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I bought one and installed it on my 2010 Limited. Love it. Before, the bike would try to drift to the left with hands off the bars at 60+ mph with CC on. Now, it goes straight as an arrow. The rear wiggle sensation is gone as well. Look forward to your assessment.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM
dc1450
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have one on my '05 Roadie, it handles as well as my '09 EGC.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:52 PM
Black Gator
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have True-Track on my 2012 Street Glide. Handling is crisp and stable. I'm pleased.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:01 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I have this installed on my 02...Only way I can explain it is I felt like the front end floated and now it feels stable..
I think you will notice it right off the bat...Oh, and it has been raining here in AZ since last night and more to come.....

Old 01-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Microbomb
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm interested in this product but I just don't get how it works? I checked the True-Track web site and it looks like its a plate that bolts to the bottom of the engine and frame? I'm not seeing how that translates to more stable steering. My Glide feels a little floaty compared to the Softail I rode. I though it was due to the difference in rake angle and that I would just get used to it.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:58 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member

Well no update today.....more rain most of the day. It looks like the rain is now over with for the week, so maybe a ride or two back and forth to work this week will tell.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Microbomb
I'm interested in this product but I just don't get how it works? I checked the True-Track web site and it looks like its a plate that bolts to the bottom of the engine and frame? I'm not seeing how that translates to more stable steering. My Glide feels a little floaty compared to the Softail I rode. I though it was due to the difference in rake angle and that I would just get used to it.
The True Track adds a stabilizer to the front and rear engine mounts. This keeps the engine from swaying in the lateral axis thus keeping the rear wheel in line with the front wheel for precise steering. This is a needed improvement when the swingarm is attached to the back of the engine instead of the frame.

This is a real short answer, but I think it covers it well, anybody else can add if they want. I am speaking from a Dyna perspective, baggers may be a little different.

Last edited by HD Pilot; 01-27-2013 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Added to.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:17 PM
Microbomb
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks alansummrs. That makes perfect sense. I understand the difference between the rubber and rigid mounted motors. I didn't put two and two together with the swingarm being bolted directly to the motor. So the rake angle difference between my old softail and my glide probably has less to do with the floaty feeling than I think. Sounds like a True Track is in my future.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 PM
RaceFace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Microbomb
Thanks alansummrs. That makes perfect sense. I understand the difference between the rubber and rigid mounted motors. I didn't put two and two together with the swingarm being bolted directly to the motor. So the rake angle difference between my old softail and my glide probably has less to do with the floaty feeling than I think. Sounds like a True Track is in my future.
There's a group buy going on right now through this forum. They need a specific number of purchases to make it happen by the 31st. Get on it and save some dough!! I don't know from experience YET, since I cant ride, but from what I've heard, its money well spent!!

Quick Reply: True-Track FINALLY installed!!