Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Road Glide's

Old 02-01-2013, 02:52 PM
brak4222
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also, they are going to relocate the cigarette lighter so that it doesn't hit the tank...

Old 02-01-2013, 02:58 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by brak4222
Also, they are going to relocate the cigarette lighter so that it doesn't hit the tank...
Finally!?! Having that dent fixed all the time is getting expensive! Now if they can just make the headlight turn so I can see around corners at night and put that damn radio within reach I'll buy a new one!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:45 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 24,173 Likes on 9,976 Posts

Originally Posted by brak4222
If they would move it to the other side it wouldn't continue
denting the left side.......problem solved !!!

Old 02-01-2013, 03:58 PM
03dragonRK
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was at my dealer today picking up a LED headlight for my RGU and asked the owner about this rumor about the Road Glides not available for 2014 and he said not a rumor, it is fact. That it is being retooled and scheduled to be back in the line for 2015. I asked if he thought for water cooling and he said he did not think so as Harley placed the rad below the transmission and found that it did not work.
He has never lied to me before so I believe him about no Road Glides for 2014. He could be off about the water cooled heads as BMW came out with water cooled heads for their boxers.

Old 02-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Challenger
I was in the local dealership today and the salesman confirmed that Road Glides will NOT be produced past 2013.

The reason he said is the tooling to produce the frame mounted fairings on the RG is shot..... And that they are re-tooling for a different frame mounted fairing touring bike?

Just passing on what I heard. Take it for what its worth
It's really no big deal. They didn't make a 2013 CVO SG this year but I would never believe they won't make one again in the coming years. It's a good way to keep ppl interested IMO

Old 02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
J_ULTRA
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
I guess we'll see when we see, anything is possible. I'd take a hard look at a RG with a Vrod motor.

I think thats what Harley is going to do also. It makes sense to me that Harley would make a big change and install a liquid cooled engine in the RG seeing as it's always had somewhat nontraditional styling as far as the fairing goes. (as compared to the batwing). RG owners tend to be somewhat nontraditional and like the different styling that the RG offers. Many people have shown interest in a "Vrod" powered touring bike. It would be very interesting to see how a Vrod powered RG would perform next to a GW or BMW. All that power and good looks too.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts

I heard that the mold for the fairing broke. Since they have to re-make the mold, might as well redesign it as well I suppose.

Old 02-01-2013, 05:58 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
I heard that the mold for the fairing broke. Since they have to re-make the mold, might as well redesign it as well I suppose.
...yup...when they made the Road Glide..they broke the mold....

....(bring on the 130hp, "Rod Glide"...I'll be first in line!)......

Old 02-01-2013, 06:09 PM
11rkc
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Challenger
I was in the local dealership today and the salesman confirmed that Road Glides will NOT be produced past 2013.

The reason he said is the tooling to produce the frame mounted fairings on the RG is shot..... And that they are re-tooling for a different frame mounted fairing touring bike?

Just passing on what I heard. Take it for what its worth
That is NOT true. The tooling to produce the new turbo Road Glides broke down. Trust me!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Dr. Tiki
Stellar HDF Member
Received 568 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by 11rkc
That is NOT true. The tooling to produce the new turbo Road Glides broke down. Trust me!

Putting Ugly on top of Ugly does not make it prettier.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 Road Glide's