Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Boom Audio Amp with J&M Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 03:32 PM
harley.farmer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley Boom Audio Amp with J&M Speakers

Anybody use the Harley Boom Audio amp with J&M Speakers? I have the Stock HK radio in my Limited with J&M Rokker speakers. Since I already spent the money on these speakers I want to keep them, put push them louder. My dealer says by using the Boom Amp my warranty on the radio will remain and I will like the clearer louder sound. I know I should upgrade everything etc. etc. but I want to keep my stock radio just want it louder. Let your knowledge/experience rain down upon me..........

Old 02-14-2013, 04:00 PM
keith t
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The only thing I would contribute is when I put the Boom amp under the tour pak it made it a hassle to either change the license tag (say to a personalized one) or to move the TP back using the adjustment holes

Old 02-14-2013, 04:06 PM
harley.farmer
Cruiser

Originally Posted by keith t
The only thing I would contribute is when I put the Boom amp under the tour pak it made it a hassle to either change the license tag (say to a personalized one) or to move the TP back using the adjustment holes
Thanks for the response. What speakers are you using and is it noticably louder at high speeds?

Old 02-14-2013, 04:16 PM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a 2013 classic with the 6 1/2 newest rocker speakers.with harley amp and stock speakers i thought i had made a big mistake.a little louder but not what i thought i would get.put the rockers in and its unbelievable the differance.half volumn is plenty loud to 70 mph.and my controlled hearing isnt the best in the world.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:09 PM
harley.farmer
Cruiser

Thanks app. Sounds like the J&Ms may have done more than the Boom Audio amp. I did it the other way around. Speakers first just wondering if the amp will help a lot or if the stock radio will cut me out at higher volumes/ speeds...

Old 02-15-2013, 12:01 PM
gpp
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I think its the combination of the speakers and amp.stock speakers would start to distort at anything over half volumn.rockers will go wide open but dont think i would leave it there.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:04 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by harley.farmer
and I will like the clearer louder sound.
dealer apparently has no clue what "clearer louder" sounds like. Slap an aftermarket amp in there on those J&Ms and you'll be delighted.

Old 02-15-2013, 12:34 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

HD's audio products are poor value.

Dealers often play the warranty card to discourage use of better, less expensive aftermarket products--but that's BS.

Check out the audio forum.

Carl

Old 02-15-2013, 12:57 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
HD's audio products are poor value.

Dealers often play the warranty card to discourage use of better, less expensive aftermarket products--but that's BS.

Check out the audio forum.

Carl
That's what I was going to say. Why in the world would an aftermarket am void the Harley radio? That's like a car company saying if you change out the head unit it will void the warranty. I know you're just repeating what the shop told you but are a lot of amps out there that are better. Including motorcycle specific or mini amps used in cars.