Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey tall guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
jamie_s_72
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey tall guys

Does anyone have the Tall boy seat and is it worth the $. I'd like to get a little more comfort. I'm 6'2".

Old 03-05-2013, 04:53 PM
Srrmc
Tourer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The tallboy is good.
But the mustang super touring is better

Old 03-05-2013, 05:11 PM
toothmansteveb
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'1". Khrome Works Sweeper bars and Corbin Dual Tour did it for me.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:13 PM
one-up
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Guy I know put the Tallboy on his SG. Said it ended his search for a comfortable seat for both he and his bride. He loves it. H-D has demo seats-try one. Btw, he's about 6'3".

Old 03-05-2013, 05:42 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

IMO, the Tallboy is Fugly? really breaks up the lines of the SG. I have a solo C&C and getting my stock sent to Mean City. I'm 6'5".

Old 03-05-2013, 05:52 PM
Rfc
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know what bike you have but you might want to check out mean city cycles, they will rework your seat to your specifications.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:01 PM
nrevezzo
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the tallboy on my 08 Ultra. I'm 6'1" and needed the extra leg room that the stock seat didn't give me. It works for me. As far as comfort goes it's as good as stock and I have no complaints. I was looking to get Mean City Cycles to modify the stock seat but they couldn't because of the shape of the seat pan.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM
timberland
Road Master
Location: Log home in SE Michigan full time. Log cabin in east TN, Smoky Mountians part time
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm 6-0, 190#...I installed a 09' SERG seat on my 08' SG. Later sent it off to Mean City for gel and memory foam for both my and the mrs saddle...while at Mean City, they added a tail bone relief. Does it work? Does it look cool ?? Yep, it does. I was at a point if I couldn't get this "touring" bike ridable for a day trip.... I was selling the thing and buying a Honda Wingdinger. Cancel the wingding order, this bike is an absolute blast to ride now.

Old 03-05-2013, 06:33 PM
basselope
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

6'6", 36" inseam.
For me the Tallboy was a necessity. With stock seat my nards felt smooshed and I could turn the bars hard and jam my wrist up against my knee. Not likely to happen on the road, but always there in the back of my mind. Tallboy seat makes just enough difference to remove both those issues and seems pretty comfortable. Much more comfortable for the wife! I'm sure there are other ways to spend money that could be even more comfortable, but I'm pretty happy.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:10 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by jamie_s_72
Does anyone have the Tall boy seat and is it worth the $. I'd like to get a little more comfort. I'm 6'2".
I am also 6'2" and have just under 18,000 miles on my Tallboy. Most of my height is in my legs, and the seat moves me back 2" which is just what I needed. (I added Heritage-style bars for the extra pullback to bring the bars back to me and the bike is now fitted to me perfectly). The Tallboy is modeled after the Sundowner and is very comfortable

One caution though--the 2 inches it gives you it takes away from your passenger. My wife is petite, so that isn't an issue, but if your situation is different, you may want to think about that.

Quick Reply: Hey tall guys