Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED or Not

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 03:45 PM
BOZIDAR
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED or Not

Have a 09 FLHX and can't decide if I should get Led Headlight or just add some driving lights. Realy like the looks of the Kuryakyn driving lights but is that more than enough with a stock halogen head light? Don't know how the LED headlight along with the Kuryakyn driving lights would work out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Old 02-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Bushy
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

truck lite worked out nice for me

Old 02-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Talldog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Get the LED, it's amazing!

Night or day, really helps to be "seen" by oncoming cars, and at night, you'll wonder how you ever got along without it.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:08 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Truck Lite makes the Kury lights. I have the phase 6 and I like them. Also have the passing lights. Super bright in day or night.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:30 PM
BOZIDAR
5th Gear

Does anyone feel they really use and need driving lights with the LED headlight or is that too much? I'm assuming that the driving lights do give you a wider angle of light good for lighting up the shoulders and spotting any critters getting ready to ruin your day.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:33 PM
Kuz
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I went HID, I couldnt see spending $500 for HD version, didn't know about Truck light until after my purchase, BUT I love my H.I.D. I plan on comparing with my buddy's HD LED this spring. I think HID may be brighter.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:08 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BOZIDAR
Does anyone feel they really use and need driving lights with the LED headlight or is that too much? I'm assuming that the driving lights do give you a wider angle of light good for lighting up the shoulders and spotting any critters getting ready to ruin your day.

Need??? Not necessarily. IMO more light never hurts. I ran a Phase 6 with LED passing lamps on my Ultra Classic, a Phase 7 with no passing lams on my Street Glide and currently have the Daymaker on my Road Glide. Have plenty of light in all situations. I will say that the passing lamps added to the side visibility and helped being seen. And if you run an LED headlight with standard bulbs in the passing lamps it will not look good.

To the OP. Get them. You will not regret it. I will never go back to incandescent headlights again.

Old 02-27-2013, 05:22 PM
santajim
Grand HDF Member

Received 324 Likes on 222 Posts

I have the phase 7 light and passing lamps.this morning in the dark was the first time I got to use them and oh what a difference. Love them

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM
intimidatorswrath
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go w/LED

Old 02-27-2013, 05:43 PM
BOZIDAR
5th Gear

Looks like I'm leaning towards the Phase 7 headlight and will put off any driving lights for now. Agrre that if I go LED with the headlight will probably have to go LED with driving lights if I decide to get them in the future.

Quick Reply: LED or Not