Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Led turn signals

Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM
1H0D3SG
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led turn signals

Does anyone have any advise on load equalizers? I put Kuryakyn led replacement bulbs in and they blink fast after blinking about 4 times normal. I know they have a low resistance and that is why they blink fast but I didn't know if the load equalizer is a plug and play or if you have to splice into the factory harness.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I think you should have started with the kit. What year bike? On my 08 the load EQ went under the seat, on my 11, it taps into the wires under the left side cover.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Biketronics

Top quality! Plug and play with a lifetime warranty.

Had one on last bike and have one on this one.

Last edited by bberck; 03-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 PM
1H0D3SG
3rd Gear

13 SG. I got the load eq adapter that goes under the left side cover. I was looking at the Kuryakyn load eq and I think it goes under the seat but not sure. I didn't order it yet. I don't want to splice into the factory harness. I would like a plug and play set up but not sure if the Kuryakyn setup is

Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 PM
CigarCritic
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1H0D3SG
13 SG. I got the load eq adapter that goes under the left side cover. I was looking at the Kuryakyn load eq and I think it goes under the seat but not sure. I didn't order it yet. I don't want to splice into the factory harness. I would like a plug and play set up but not sure if the Kuryakyn setup is
You have the correct EQ for under the left side cover. That's all you need. You don't have to cut the wires as they provide a pinch type connector that can be easily removed. I think I answered your question correctly?

Old 03-07-2013, 09:53 PM
uuscotty
Advanced

I just put LEDs on my RKC the other day and I ended up going with the Badlands Illuminator. I chose this one because it has a run/brake/turn module built in along with the load equalizer. Was about 110 bucks and completely plug and play. Simply disconnect the rear harness connector under the seat, put the male end of the controller/equalizer in the female end on the stock harness, put the female end of the controller/equalizer in the male end of the harness, zip-tie the device somewhere under the seat and done.

Have a few friends that run LED and from what they all say and all the reviews I have read, you can't go wrong with either Badlands or Biketronics for load equalizers. I just don't have any personal experience with Biketronics.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:54 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

I know Custom Dynamics makes a plug-n-play loadEQ. I have their kits on both of mine, LED's all around.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 PM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 22 Posts

Is there any real danger or downside to letting them blink fast? I ordered the kit and first tried 'em without the equalizer - they were fast & I just planned on leaving them that way. Then one day after working on the front ones (not led), the blinking went back to normal on all of 'em. Been that way ever since.

Anyway, back to the original question - is it really that big of a deal if the blink fast?

Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 PM
studad52
2nd Gear
Default Blink Rate

Originally Posted by AnotherBlackSG
Is there any real danger or downside to letting them blink fast? I ordered the kit and first tried 'em without the equalizer - they were fast & I just planned on leaving them that way. Then one day after working on the front ones (not led), the blinking went back to normal on all of 'em. Been that way ever since.

Anyway, back to the original question - is it really that big of a deal if the blink fast?
Most State inspections require that turn signals flash at 60 to 120 flashes per minute. That equates to 1 to 2 flashes per second.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:01 PM
fenderzig
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I use the Badlands equalizer. I'm happy with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Led turn signals