Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's official...J&M Rokker SUCKS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2017, 03:10 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
I have been running My J&M Rokkers for 5 years (with an amp). They are loud and sound reasonably good. They are light weight and 100% water proof.

Never could understand why some folks are so butt hurt about J&M products. Maybe I was just the lucky one...
You weren't lucky, you just never heard outstanding fidelity at a fraction of the cost. If you do ever expose yourself thru a friend or whoever to an *** kicking fidelity experiance and you find out they paid half of what you paid, you'd be livid. Not butt hurt. I say all the above with respect.
And with experiance with all the above.

Old 10-25-2023, 01:23 PM
amsermvp
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 800w 4 speaker is awesome

Originally Posted by StevieRay59
I just finished my install of the PBR300x2 amp and the J&M Rockers7.25 speakers today and it sounds great. To cold for a ride here in Mi. but It's a huge improvment over my old 24x2 Hog Tunes amp and 5.25 Hog Tunes speakers I had in it. I left the Hog Tunes tweeter pod unpluged cause I don't think I'll need it now. Gonna take that off and put Kuryakyn 3 bag windshield bag on to cover the holes where the tweeter pod was.
best sound you can get is it J&M rocker 800 W poor speaker system. The quality of the sound is amazing

Old 10-25-2023, 03:03 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 813 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by amsermvp
best sound you can get is it J&M rocker 800 W poor speaker system. The quality of the sound is amazing
LMAO, You don't know what you don't know. That stuff is garbage, you should get out and hear some good systems. My Sound Digital, Ground Zero and Mmats system was half the price and 3x better.

Old 10-25-2023, 05:52 PM
YZR
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,621 Likes on 829 Posts

Bluetooth wireless earbuds. Just sayin...

The following 2 users liked this post by YZR:
M Oclaf (10-27-2023), MotoJockey (10-25-2023)
Old 10-26-2023, 05:52 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

His only post and that's what he wants to comment on lol

Old 10-26-2023, 06:18 AM
Peak Seaker
Road Master
Received 925 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Eshaw301
After trying and trying to give this J&M crap the benefit of the doubt and buying into the crap that this was the "best system available for a motorcycle", I am now not going to cut these guys any slack anymore. This crap SUCKS!!!!!! I spent $650 for the road glide custom 500w rokker amp and the rokker speakers and foam pads, wiring, etc. and got blown away by a FEW bikes with systems HALF THE PRICE OF MINES!! I did a charity ride this weekend and when we were staging the bikes, I was surrounded by all these bikes with aftermarket speakers and amps. I was sure that my system was superior to theirs because thats what J&M tells us right? WRONG!!! One guy has a 2013 RGC and all he added is a 4 ch 80w 2 ohm per channel JL audio amp powering TWO 5 1/4 JL audio speakers in his fairing and when he turned his up, HOLY SH*T!!! Bass, treble, mighs, mids, lows, clarity, whatever you name or mention was awesome. I turned my speakers up to max and he turned his up to 3/4 and I couldnt hear my music any more...and the bikes were sitting right next to each other less than about 3 feet away!!! So I moved on to some other bikes and all had the same sh*t...way better than this J&M Crap!! and then i ask how much all this costs, and I was told "about $400". Of course I didnt believe it because I just knew that it couldnt sound this much better than my J&M and still be almost half the price of what I spent so I called the shop that did the installs and sure enough, $400 INSTALLED and THAT AINT EVEN FOR THE BEST STUFF!! Could spend another $150 and get hooked up with the Memphis Audio Class M amp and speakers INSTALLED!!! Dont get me wrong, the J&M stuff is loud, but thats it. Its so loud at speed that I often have to turn the radio down quite a bit to keep from piercing sounds in my eardrums and thats WITH THE TREBLE AND BASS TURNED ALL THE WAY DOWN!! Distortion? Yea its still there, and not just a little, but a LOT!! Way too much for $650 worth of equipment. And I dont want to hear the crap about how to adjust the amp and so on...I watched the videos over and over and lets just say im tired of removing my fairing trying to get this crap right. So this friday, im taking this J&M crap out of my bike and probably gonna give it away to somebody because I dont want to be the one called names for selling an inferior product, and im have the "BETTER" system installed in my bike. Notice how I didnt say "BEST" system installed on my bike. Those are the two options they offer and both sound twice as good as this J&M Rokker crap I have now. And to anyone that wants to convince me that this J&M Rokker crap is still the "best on the market", I beg you to come and hear what I heard and then honestly make that statement again. And no, i dont want to hear the crap about water and shockproof either because I was offered a lifetime installation warranty and an additional year warranty on all the components. Thats how confident these install guys are on how well this stuff stands up to the "motorcycle specific" crap. Guy straight up laughed in my face when I told him what setup I had. he even discribed what I just said before I even got a chance to complain. he says he gets guys from the Harley dealership all the time that buys this J&M crap at time of purchase and then hears the JL audio or the memphis audio stuff that cost almost half the price and want to switch it out like im doing. Oh yeah, I have over 4k miles logged on this bike since i installed this JM Rokker crap, so i have heard just about any way that it can be heard. You have been warned people...I was told to stay away from the J&M crap and didnt listen...hopefully, you will do what I didnt do. If you spend more than $350 on speakers and an amp, you paid too much, of course installation cost will vary. STAY AWAY FROM J&M ROKKER!!! I DIDNT!! MAYBE SOMEBODY CONTEMPLATING THIS CAN SEE MY THREAD BEFORE YOU BUY!!!

Had similar experiance, luckily sold all of it (at a loss of course) on ebay. But I TOTALLY AGREE! There product was nothing but a dissapointment!

Old 10-26-2023, 06:49 PM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,246 Likes on 810 Posts

Remember, this post was from a decade ago. The OP hasn’t been seen since 2018.

The thread quickly turned to mud flinging fest. Let’s not revive that stuff.

The following users liked this post:
julesdain (10-26-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 02:13 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

Originally Posted by foxtrapper
Remember, this post was from a decade ago. The OP hasn’t been seen since 2018.

The thread quickly turned to mud flinging fest. Let’s not revive that stuff.

It’s perplexing which threads they leave open. Good ones with tips on how to ride are closed and crap like this stays open.

The following users liked this post:
M Oclaf (10-27-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 06:35 AM
foxtrapper
HDF Community Team

Received 1,246 Likes on 810 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
It’s perplexing which threads they leave open. Good ones with tips on how to ride are closed and crap like this stays open.
Sometimes it’s a mystery.

There are multiple moderators, with their own take on things. So one may be cool about something, another goes “oh hell no”.

This thread is old, but has been resurrected twice. While the 2013 segment was worthy of locking down, maybe even deleting, the 2017 and now 2023 conduct hasn’t been. As long as it stays that way, it probably won’t be locked by any moderators.

Old 10-27-2023, 07:43 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,532 Likes on 3,028 Posts

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
His only post and that's what he wants to comment on lol
Sometimes we get the shills in here. One post here and there to "support" a product.