Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speaker upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 09:35 AM
mhill0826
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the input so far! I did look at Biketronics stuff,but the Hogtunes seem to be easier to install. Are the Biketronics amps plug and play like Hogtunes?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:49 AM
NewAge
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another Hogtunes guy here and love it. But I also don't have unrealistic expectations when it comes to tunes on a motorcycle traveling 80mph. There are also other factors to consider if you want to hear the tunes. I run an 8" LRS recurve shield, and am 90% of the time riding with my half helmet that has a thick ear covering that zips in and out. This combination blocks most wind and allows for my ears to hear the music better. If you run the stock shorty shield and no helmet, most systems won't be able to get past the wind noise. Simple ear plugs will help, though.

I originally had the exact system you mention. Speakers, 2 channel amp, and tweeter pod. I just recently added their 4 channel amp and the 6" woofers in the lower fairings. With the system you are going with, you'll notice that you'll get the best sound quality with bass and treble all the way down. Now with my lower woofers I can have my bass and treble about 3 notches above half and it's perfect sound. I can also run without my helmet and hear the system perfectly at 80mph at not even half volume.

Is there better out there? Absolutely... Is there better, cheaper and plug and play?? I haven't seen one yet. I believe even UltraNutz recommendations aren't plug and play.