Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna to Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited (possibly)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 01:21 PM
TeamMudd
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Dyna to Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited (possibly)

well like it says.... i have been really happy with my Dyna Street Bob... added a few extra's, good seat, a tall sissy bar and a memphis shade.... it's a great bike and don't really "need" something bigger..... but with lower back issues, a rebuilt shoulder, and nerve damage... a more comfort ride is kind of needed. i looked at a tri-glide, but can't swing the chunk of change right now....

well i ran across a couple Electra glides that might fit the bill.... one is a 2010 with 20K miles (ultra classic in blue), slip ons, a couple other extra goodies for the asking price of 18K... and the other one is a 2012 ultra classic limited (in black... which i'm not a fan of black, but i have a kick a$$ paint guy so that can change..... with 600 miles for the asking price of 19K

right off the bat my gut says go with the 2012.... bigger motor, a few extra bells and whistles for a few extra bucks.... given the fact i'm not a fan of black, i have the hook up for some change in color, or at least some accents to break up the solid black.

we're working on the numbers now, with my trade in (07 street bob with 8500 miles) i'm looking at a a $11500 difference....

i'm hoping with in a couple days here i'll be cruising in comfort!!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

A limited is a great ride. You cannot go wrong at all with that bike. Post pics when you get it

Old 04-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Bugsy
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last summer I traded my 2007 Dyna Wide Glide for a 2012 FLHTK Ultra Limited. I LOVED the Dyna, but wanted some onboard storage, stereo, and comfort for extended trips.

I have absolutely no regrets with the Ultra! It's everything I always wanted but didn't know I wanted! It's got ABS and cruise control, which I had little interest in at first. The ABS I justified easily, but the cruise??? Never needed it before I told myself. Now, I use it all the time!! Even on short trips now, when I'm on the highway I find my right arm resting and the cruise engaged.

I just got finished with the winter upgrades -- Fuel Moto open air cleaner, hollowed out headpipe (no more cat), a Power Vision tune, & bigger & better speakers. I'm thinking of cutting the baffles out of the mufflers to see how it sounds before I take the plunge for a new set of slip-ons. I'm loving this thing now even more than when it was new!

I used to limit day trips to around 200 miles or so round trip on the Dyna. Now I'm just getting started when I hit the 200 mile mark...
Given the choices you mention, I'd go with the 2012. Best of luck!

Last edited by Bugsy; 04-01-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 PM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

Once you go to a bagger, you'll never look back! Went from my old trusty 2001 FXDL to my 2009 FLHT in 2009, missed the old Low Rider for about the first 20mins on the 2hr ride home!....Go for the 2012 Limited, you won't regret it....

Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
D4tini
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I too am a convert. Traded my 06 wide glide for my 13 ultra classic. Love it. All the bells and whistles. After I added my big shots and stage 1, makes me love it a little more. Enjoy the ride my friends..

Old 04-01-2013, 11:18 PM
TeamMudd
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

ok well i jumped the gun on the 2012.... it's not the limited.... it's an electra glide ultra classic with 600 miles.... the limited they have have 16000 miles, and they still want a good chunk for it (more than the ultra classic by a good bit!)...

after some more back and forth talking this afternoon, i decided to take the plunge and go for it! they had shaved a bit off the price (which we all know is like trying to suck blood from a turnip when dealing with HD), but they did, and a local independant shop owner had been dealing with this dealer for a long while, and they faxed him over the papers to take to my credit union tomorrow and all the numbers match what they originally stated! i wanted my credit union on stand by in case harley finds that i'm not worthy of their 3.9apr special this month.

if all goes well.... wednesday i should be able to drive mine down there and make the swap!!