Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MGS TD rider feedback wanted

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:53 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question MGS TD rider feedback wanted

OK, looking more at the MGS TD system.

Went to MGS site and video showed, their system made more HP/Trq than the V&H power duals with Rineharts stage 1.

I wonder if I would gain 10 to 12 hp/ft # torque with MGS system, and how it would work with my TW222 cams?

Looking for MGS rider feedback. How about those who have swapped from power duals to the MGS TD, and ( with cams?)

Also would my Monster rounds work or would I need to go all MGS?

Old 04-16-2013, 02:58 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

they will be great for you, but is there any reason why you're moving away from your power duals? PDs make great power on the dyno...just curious (i went to MGS on my personal bike so I can show potential customers how they sound)

Old 04-16-2013, 06:53 AM
twhayes99
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know how well they'll work with the cams, but I did a full 'stage one' setup w/ the MGS True Duals, Big Sucker and TTS. Dyno shows 105.15tq and 85.99hp after tuning.

So far I'm loving them, power increase is noticeable and the sound is incredible. My girlfriend has V&H slip on's on her StreetGlide and likes the sound so much she is going to switch over to the TD setup next winter.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:41 PM
mgmmgm
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Mgs

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
they will be great for you, but is there any reason why you're moving away from your power duals? PDs make great power on the dyno...just curious (i went to MGS on my personal bike so I can show potential customers how they sound)
The MGS web site had a video of power duals and rineharts mufflers and then compared to their TD system, and their system out performed the power duals. Got me thinking that, I could have a TD system that would give me a wee more kick and I would not be losing anything going away from the V&H PD.

Old 04-17-2013, 05:10 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mgmmgm
The MGS web site had a video of power duals and rineharts mufflers and then compared to their TD system, and their system out performed the power duals. Got me thinking that, I could have a TD system that would give me a wee more kick and I would not be losing anything going away from the V&H PD.
true you wouldnt be losing anything. a huge plus for me is the higher ground clearance on the MGS. i drug the PDs a lot in tight turns, but the MGS never touch