Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Gremlins!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 01:37 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Damn Gremlins!!!

Ok, bike ran fantastic last Wednesday. Today I gear up, back the bike out of the garage, flip on the ignition to check my light, the headlights out both high & low beam. Ok, start the bike, it didn't start on the first crank as normal (yes, new battery). Starts on the 2nd crank but stalls out. Restart and it has a low idle but then the choke kicks in and it starts to idle normal. Drive it into the garage, shut it down and proceed to pull the head light out. Yep, burnt bulb. Replace the bulb, button it up, go to start the bike and it cranks, plugs are getting wet but no spark.

NO CODES, go over the fuses, visible wires, pull the crank sensor off and cleaned the connection (last time after my cam install, bike wouldn't start either, found water in the crank sensor connector). Bike still will not start and I'm frustrated. A waste of a 70 degree day here in Jersey...

Anyone with experience know if the bike would throw a code if the crank sensor or the coil were bad? If you know a part is bad, just replace it and ride on, with this it's a baffling....