Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lyndall Z+ pads buzzing

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 05:33 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member
Received 321 Likes on 243 Posts
Default Lyndall Z+ pads buzzing

Did a fair amount of research and came away with Z+ pads being the brake pads of choice for my 09 Street Glide.

However when stopping they make a strange buzzing sound? The installation was spot on. Cleaned per Lyndall's site instructions. Rode for about 50 milles and decided to put the OEM's back on. And no buzzing?

I did some more forum searches and came up pretty short did read about filing the front edges down.

Any ideas?

Old 04-28-2013, 05:43 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sanman4ever
Did a fair amount of research and came away with Z+ pads being the brake pads of choice for my 09 Street Glide.

However when stopping they make a strange buzzing sound? The installation was spot on. Cleaned per Lyndall's site instructions. Rode for about 50 milles and decided to put the OEM's back on. And no buzzing?

I did some more forum searches and came up pretty short did read about filing the front edges down.

Any ideas?
I have the same pads on my 09 SG. and they make that same sound. I took it to my Indy and he said it was nothing to worry about. Saying with my custom rotor with so many holes in it that it was normal with that kind of rotor.He did test ride it to hear the sound. I do use both front and rear but release the front as i am slowing down. I have the same pads on the rear but factory rotor so no noise from the rear. Do you have a rotor other than factory installed??????

Old 04-28-2013, 06:04 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member

Thanks for the quick reply...sounds normal then because I have a aftermarket rotors up front too. Lots of holes. The sound is annoying but the Lyndall's do stop better than the stock ones.

Going to shop around and see what I can come up with that will provide the same or close to stopping power of the Lyndalls but without the buzz.

I bought my legs, rotors, wheels, and calipers from rick9662 on EBAY. I might try his pads as well.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:07 PM
tidbit1
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah the sound is annoying, that is why i release the front sooner than i use to. I use the engine gearing down a lot more now to keep from the noise. LOL I am happy with the pads though.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:14 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Use some disc brake anti-squeak lube on the pads where they contact the pistons. That should cure your noise issues.....

Old 04-28-2013, 06:20 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just turn up the tunes for a week or so.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:24 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I went through 3 sets of those pads in 50, 000 miles on my last bike. Totally normal.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:27 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Use some disc brake anti-squeak lube on the pads where they contact the pistons. That should cure your noise issues.....
I did put some disk brake caliper lube on the pads where the pistons touch the rear of the pads. Also put some on the pin also.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:33 PM
sanman4ever
Club Member

Originally Posted by TWIN CAM 96
Just turn up the tunes for a week or so.
After reading all the posts this seems to be the preferred method. They do stop the bike better than the stockers.

Thanks

Old 04-28-2013, 06:39 PM
rleggs
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might call Lyndall and let them know about your concerns. I had the z+ on my 04 ultra and they were deadly in the rain, no stopping power. Called and expressed my concerns and they upgraded me to the gold pads no chg. and they were much better. I just stay with the stock pads now and deal with the dust.

Quick Reply: Lyndall Z+ pads buzzing